Happy New Year from Grapefrute!
2018 was an exciting year for Grapefrute, and we are happy to have played a part in the successes of our clients and partners. As we look back at a year full of new challenges, new opportunities, and incredible growth, we can’t help but take a moment to notice how far we’ve come. In 2018, Grapefrute:
- Implemented a new, more efficient, cloud-based recruitment system
- More than doubled our staff
- Moved into new, larger offices in Roermond, Netherlands and established a second office in Málaga, Spain.
We are now in an even better position to work with clients around the globe, and our team of talent acquisition specialists include speakers of English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Russian.
As we head into the new year, we are already working hard on new goals and initiatives, including the imminent relaunch of the Grapefrute.com website, and further expanding our team of recruiters to serve our growing client list even better.
We are also paying attention to crucial industry trends that emerged last year, and are expected to dominate in 2019. The coming year’s trends show remarkable synergy across a broad range of consumer products, from food and fragrance to beauty and beverages. People are eager for:
- Plant-based products. Increasing attention to the environment and questions of sustainability have more and more consumers demanding plant-based products. From plant-based meat and dairy substitutes, to marine plants and algae in cosmetics, to natural floral fragrances, plants will be high-priority this year.
- Hyper-personalized products. The rise of super-customized subscription boxes serving up everything from food to beauty to vitamins will continue to impact consumer behavior in 2019. As more companies offer products tailored to a customer’s DNA, or unique skin microbiome, the level of personalization continues to increase. People are demanding health and beauty solutions devised just for their needs, along with marketing and advertising messaging that is tailored precisely for them.
- Men’s beauty and personal care. When it comes to beauty in 2019, men are in. Expect a boom in men’s beauty products, going well beyond simply skin and beard care. Men will be paying more attention than ever to their skin, nails, and hair in the coming year.
- Holistic products. Holistic is the global trend to watch next year. Consumers are looking for personalized, clean, sustainable products, that are good for them and for the world around them. They want to feel healthy and cared for in mind and body, inside and out. They are demanding health and beauty products with a comprehensive approach toward well-being, socially and environmentally sustainable products, and brands that share their personal values.
These trends create huge opportunities for independent, values-driven brands with the technology and flexibility to create individually customized products, who will prove to be tough competition for bigger, established brands.
At Grapefrute, we are excited to see how these industry trends shape the recruitment landscape in the coming year, and are poised to meet these new challenges and make the most of new opportunities. We are looking forward the months ahead, and wish our clients, partners, and friends a happy and successful new year.