Senior Statistician – Global Research Centre
Do you want to design efficient scientific experiments? Are you excited to be challenged by a variety of projects with complex data sets?
We are looking to recruit a Senior Statistician to the Data Analytics team at WALTHAM, the global research centre for Mars Petcare. The role will help shape research projects that drive innovation alongside other stakeholders as well as report on progress, results, experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Design – deliver study designs with efficient use of resources and high ethical standards maintained.
- Interrogate – analyse experimental data to generate thorough reports that are critical for scientific publications and patents and contribute to insights and product innovation.
- Review – Peer-review scientific work and communications from different stakeholders across our Petcare ecosystem to guarantee quality and corporate reputation.
- Grow – Train and educate the research teams on statistical methodologies to instil a culture of formal and objective experimental science.
- Advocate – share the purpose of data-driven research and work to high scientific standards.
- A PhD or Master’s degree with equivalent relevant experience in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- Expert knowledge of experimental design and statistical data analytics methods and their practical applications.
- Expert knowledge of R and experience of sample size calculation.
What can you expect from Mars
- Responsibility and freedom to drive your own ideas.
- An open & international work environment of a global family-owned business.
- Personal & professional development, e.g. through global trainings from Mars University.
- Attractive conditions and extensive social benefits.
For more than a century, Mars, Incorporated has been driven by the belief that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. This idea is at the center of who we have always been as a global, family-owned business. Today, Mars is transforming, innovating and evolving in ways that affirm our commitment to making a positive impact on the world around us. Across our diverse and expanding portfolio of confectionery, food, and petcare products and services, we employ 133,000 dedicated Associates who are all moving in the same direction: forward. With $40 billion in annual sales, we produce some of the world’s best-loved brands including DOVE®, EXTRA®, M&M’s®, MILKY WAY®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, ORBIT®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, SKITTLES®, WHISKAS®, COCOAVIA®, and 5™; and take care of half of the world’s pets through our pet health services AniCura, Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, Pet Partners™, and VCA™. We know we can only be truly successful if our partners and the communities in which we operate prosper as well. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our Associates to take action every day to help create a world tomorrow in which the planet, its people and pets can thrive.
About Mars Petcare
Part of Mars, Incorporated, a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love, the almost 100,000 Associates across 130 countries in Mars Petcare are dedicated to one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. With 85 years of experience, our portfolio of almost 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of the world’s pets – including brands PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, ROYAL CANIN®, NUTRO™, GREENIES™, SHEBA®, CESAR®, IAMS™ and EUKANUBA™ as well as the WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute which has advanced research in the nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years. Mars Petcare is also a leading veterinary health provider through an international network of over 2,000 pet hospitals and diagnostic services including BANFIELD™, BLUEPEARL™,VCA™, Linnaeus, AniCura and Antech. We’re also active in innovation and technology for pets, with WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker, and LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator and COMPANION FUND™ programs that drive innovation and disruption in the pet care industry. As a family business and guided by our principles, we are privileged with the flexibility to fight for what we believe in – and we choose to fight for our Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.