Senior Statistician – Cat Product Performance
The role of the Cat Product Performance Program Statistician is to use mathematics, statistics, and visualization to discover, in partnership with the business, opportunities and insights arising from Mars Petcare data systems and projects. Perform statistical reviews of projects, creates designs of experiments, and creates models as part of a working team involved in the planning, organizing, developing, and deploying new technology and innovation as it relates to the Global Pet Nutrition. The preferred location is Verden, Germany, however, another location can be considered.
- Ensure a standardized and consistent approach relating to statistical participation and implementation in all phases of the projects.
- Participate in team technical reviews and testing.
- Support the continuous improvement of statistics and data analytics.
- Create data analysis plans to summarize collected data for interpretation and presentation to others.
- Communicate data acquisition strategies, analysis methodologies, results and insights to key decision makers.
- As part of a technical team conduct end-to-end analysis that includes requirements specification, data gathering, processing, analysis, and visualization to solve complex problems.
- Provide relevant and timely data analysis that is congruent and reliable.
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build models that support product, process and packaging. development for pet food.
- Accomplish the objectives agreed with line manager and listed in Personal Development Plan.
- Either a Master/Bachelor/PhD in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in analytics related field
- Experience with design of experiments, statistical modelling, data architecture and statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, or R)
- Team player, high drive for result, pro-activity and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
What can you expect from Mars?
- Responsibility and freedom to drive your own ideas
- An open & international work environment of a global family-owned business
- Personal & professional development, e.g. through global trainings from Mars University
- Attractive conditions and extensive social benefits
For more than a century, Mars, Incorporated has been driven by the belief that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. This idea is at the center of who we have always been as a global, family-owned business. Today, Mars is transforming, innovating and evolving in ways that affirm our commitment to making a positive impact on the world around us. Across our diverse and expanding portfolio of confectionery, food, and petcare products and services, we employ 133,000 dedicated Associates who are all moving in the same direction: forward. With $40 billion in annual sales, we produce some of the world’s best-loved brands including DOVE®, EXTRA®, M&M’s®, MILKY WAY®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, ORBIT®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, SKITTLES®, WHISKAS®, COCOAVIA®, and 5™; and take care of half of the world’s pets through our pet health services AniCura, Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, Pet Partners™, and VCA™. We know we can only be truly successful if our partners and the communities in which we operate prosper as well. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our Associates to take action every day to help create a world tomorrow in which the planet, its people and pets can thrive.
About Mars Petcare
Part of Mars, Incorporated, a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love, the almost 100,000 Associates across 130 countries in Mars Petcare are dedicated to one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. With 85 years of experience, our portfolio of almost 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of the world’s pets – including brands PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, ROYAL CANIN®, NUTRO™, GREENIES™, SHEBA®, CESAR®, IAMS™ and EUKANUBA™ as well as the WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute which has advanced research in the nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years. Mars Petcare is also a leading veterinary health provider through an international network of over 2,000 pet hospitals and diagnostic services including BANFIELD™, BLUEPEARL™,VCA™, Linnaeus, AniCura and Antech. We’re also active in innovation and technology for pets, with WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker, and LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator and COMPANION FUND™ programs that drive innovation and disruption in the pet care industry. As a family business and guided by our principles, we are privileged with the flexibility to fight for what we believe in – and we choose to fight for our Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.