Senior Product Performance Scientist
The Senior Product Performance Scientist provides expertise in product performance in collaboration with internal and external partners. He/she delivers flavour application technology for all formats of wet pet food for Mars Petcare globally covering the needs of pets and pet parents.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Accountable for delivering a number of x-functional projects and workstreams in the competency area, e.g.
- Product palatability (cat)
- Product performance (Pet Parent)Flavour application
- Flavour Chemistry
- Flavour and Sensory Analysis.
- Responsible for aligning the project portfolio with key stakeholders.
- Responsible to devise and execute technical roadmaps that allow translation of fundamental science into technologies applicable at industrial scale in the area of expertise.
- Responsible to identify new IP opportunities in the area of expertise and to ensure Mars freedom to operate is guaranteed.
- Act as interface with key external experts in the field (such as Universities, Suppliers, research groups) for global joint development projects.
- Have range of internal and external networks and recognition to ensure up to date understanding of cutting-edge developments in field of expertise.
- Responsible for building perspective on functional area development leveraging external insights, new scientific releases and petfood industry trends.
- Stay in close contact with demand part of organization to understand Pets and Pet Parents needs to address those with practical solutions.
- Stay in close contact with Supply part of organization, including regions, to understand regional specific and supply capabilities.
- A degree in flavour chemistry/sensory sciences focused on biomolecules or food sciences and several years of industrial expertise in the field.
- A thorough understanding of flavour analytical methods and flavour delivery solutions
- A thorough understanding of flavour chemistry in the food matrix
- A thorough understanding of project management
- 5 years relevant work experience; of which 2-3 years experience in R&D in a Business environment.
For more than a century, Mars, Incorporated has been driven by the belief that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. This idea is at the center of who we have always been as a global, family-owned business. Today, Mars is transforming, innovating and evolving in ways that affirm our commitment to making a positive impact on the world around us. Across our diverse and expanding portfolio of confectionery, food, and petcare products and services, we employ 133,000 dedicated Associates who are all moving in the same direction: forward. With $40 billion in annual sales, we produce some of the world’s best-loved brands including DOVE®, EXTRA®, M&M’s®, MILKY WAY®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, ORBIT®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, SKITTLES®, WHISKAS®, COCOAVIA®, and 5™; and take care of half of the world’s pets through our pet health services AniCura, Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, Pet Partners™, and VCA™. We know we can only be truly successful if our partners and the communities in which we operate prosper as well. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our Associates to take action every day to help create a world tomorrow in which the planet, its people and pets can thrive.
About Mars Petcare
Part of Mars, Incorporated, a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love, the almost 100,000 Associates across 130 countries in Mars Petcare are dedicated to one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. With 85 years of experience, our portfolio of almost 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of the world’s pets – including brands PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, ROYAL CANIN®, NUTRO™, GREENIES™, SHEBA®, CESAR®, IAMS™ and EUKANUBA™ as well as the WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute which has advanced research in the nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years. Mars Petcare is also a leading veterinary health provider through an international network of over 2,000 pet hospitals and diagnostic services including BANFIELD™, BLUEPEARL™,VCA™, Linnaeus, AniCura and Antech. We’re also active in innovation and technology for pets, with WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker, and LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator and COMPANION FUND™ programs that drive innovation and disruption in the pet care industry. As a family business and guided by our principles, we are privileged with the flexibility to fight for what we believe in – and we choose to fight for our Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.