Senior Flavor Analytical Scientist
The Senior Flavor Analytical Scientist (SFAS) provides expertise in flavor analysis of petfood and runs extensive data interpretation to generate insights that guide product performance scientists to enhance product performance. The SFAS is also accountable for the Verden Analytical chemistry laboratory.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Within the Verden Analytical Laboratory:
- Accountable for health and safety of the Verden analytical chemistry laboratory personnel.
- Accountable to define CAB needs to remain a state-of-the-art analytical flavor capability lab for the Petcare segment.
- Accountable to define and implement strategies for internal and external analytical capabilities to deliver projects in time and with required quality.
Project and program related responsibilies:
- Responsible to guide the development and application of state-of-the-art analytical methods to deliver projects and workstreams in the competency area, e.g.
- Aroma analysis (GC-MS, GC-Olfactometry).
- Nonvolatile analysis (such as LC-MS)
- Accountable and responsible to generate insights from analytical data through leveraging advanced data interpretation techniques in partnership with inhouse data scientists.
- Act as interface with key external experts in the field (Universities, Suppliers, research groups…) for global joint development projects.
- A degree In Analytical Sciences with preferably experience in the analysis of aroma and taste active compounds in complex food matrices or another relevant technical-scientific degree.
- A thorough understanding of state-of-the-art flavor analytical methods and interpretation of analytical data using data science.
- A thorough understanding of flavor chemistry in the food matrix.
- A thorough understanding of project management.
For more than a century, Mars, Incorporated has been driven by the belief that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. This idea is at the center of who we have always been as a global, family-owned business. Today, Mars is transforming, innovating and evolving in ways that affirm our commitment to making a positive impact on the world around us. Across our diverse and expanding portfolio of confectionery, food, and petcare products and services, we employ 133,000 dedicated Associates who are all moving in the same direction: forward. With $40 billion in annual sales, we produce some of the world’s best-loved brands including DOVE®, EXTRA®, M&M’s®, MILKY WAY®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, ORBIT®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, SKITTLES®, WHISKAS®, COCOAVIA®, and 5™; and take care of half of the world’s pets through our pet health services AniCura, Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, Pet Partners™, and VCA™. We know we can only be truly successful if our partners and the communities in which we operate prosper as well. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our Associates to take action every day to help create a world tomorrow in which the planet, its people and pets can thrive.
About Mars Petcare
Part of Mars, Incorporated, a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love, the almost 100,000 Associates across 130 countries in Mars Petcare are dedicated to one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. With 85 years of experience, our portfolio of almost 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of the world’s pets – including brands PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, ROYAL CANIN®, NUTRO™, GREENIES™, SHEBA®, CESAR®, IAMS™ and EUKANUBA™ as well as the WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute which has advanced research in the nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years. Mars Petcare is also a leading veterinary health provider through an international network of over 2,000 pet hospitals and diagnostic services including BANFIELD™, BLUEPEARL™,VCA™, Linnaeus, AniCura and Antech. We’re also active in innovation and technology for pets, with WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker, and LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator and COMPANION FUND™ programs that drive innovation and disruption in the pet care industry. As a family business and guided by our principles, we are privileged with the flexibility to fight for what we believe in – and we choose to fight for our Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.