Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
As the Transportation and Logistics Coordinator, you will be part of the Deventer Chocolate Plant and Distribution Centre, growing rapidly and expanding its capacity. You will work together with production, logistics and customer services departments to evaluate and identify the most effective distribution and transportation patterns for products. We seek a professional who will help us conduct data management, reporting and analysis, shipping, client interaction, business partnership, people, resources, budget and project management.
- Evaluate, select and foster ongoing relationships with external transport providers.
- Using limited knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry, make recommendations to establish good customer relations.
- Analyze and project transportation costs, coordinating customs clearances and permits.
- Provide distribution, transportation and logistical solutions on inbound or outbound movement of raw material and/or finished product from origin to destination.
- Perform data entry updates using spreadsheets and databases based on sales orders/contracts, etc., providing data to more senior team members for further analysis.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Min. 3 years of experience as a Transport Scheduler.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player, collaborative and supportive.
- Fluent Dutch and English is a must.
We provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salaries and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.