Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Technical Business Development Manager Specialized Nutrition is the dedicated technical tag for the Global Specialized Nutrition Category. The Technical Business Development Manager is the primary technical contact for the category’s most strategic and premium customers.
The main purpose of the role is to create a more profitable business for Cargill Global Edible Oils Solutions in Europe by helping the customers to achieve their growth ambitions.
The Technical Business Development Manager is the technical representative of Global win Specialized Nutrition in the region.
Executes the category growth targets with customers. Provides customer feedback, identifies customer needs and new opportunities.
- Contributes regional needs to the global category strategy for specialized nutrition and rolls out the strategy towards customers.
- Develop strong customer relationships at key accounts with significant business impact
- Conveys Global Edible Oils Solutions’ strategic and category targets to provide customers with new solutions. Works directly with the category’s most strategic customers to build and maintain a deep understanding of their business strategy, in conjunction with external trends in order to proactively anticipate new technology needs and identify new ingredients/ formulation/ product opportunities, specific to their needs
- Interacts with the global development team and translates regional needs into global initiatives.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing and R&D leaders on customer segmentation and satisfaction, account planning, and the use of salesforce.com.
- Provide expertise thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Monitor goals and metrics and report to stakeholders monthly.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in food chemistry, food technology, chemistry, human, medical nutrition, or other related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in R&D/Product Development/Technical in specialized nutrition, infant nutrition or medical nutrition or other related fields.
- Fluent in English, oral and written.
- Masters, PhD in food chemistry, food technology, chemistry, human or medical nutrition or other related fields.
- More than 5 years of Work experience in human or medical nutrition or other related fields.
- Work experience in infant or medical nutrition fortified/functional foods and/or supplements industry (customer level).
- Customer-facing working experience in a technical advisory role and associate customer relationship network
- Detailed knowledge of fats and oils chemistry, like contaminant management.
- Understanding of production technologies used for final applications and making Specialized
- Nutrition products (emulsification, spray, drying etc.).
- Knowledge of the customer industry’s market and players, industry key drivers and business needs. Deep Customer relationships with key players in the Specialized Nutrition Industry in Europe.
- Knowledge of the European specialized nutrition market and players.
- Detailed knowledge about relevant quality aspects for nutritional fats/oils and
- expertise in one other ingredient category that is relevant for Specialized Nutrition and medical nutrition
- Understanding of food and other regulatory requirements relevant to the category focus area.
- Action driver with emotional intelligence, energy, excellent influencing skills.
- Fluent in English, written and oral + minimum working knowledge of at least 1 other European language (German, French, Spanish, etc.)
- Experience in project management for good outcomes
- MBA or deep business acumen
- Trained in sales effectiveness or comparable program
We provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salaries and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!