ICL Group is one of the world’s largest Phosphates manufacturers for industrial and food applications and crop protection. At our BK Giulini GmbH site in Ladenburg, Germany, we develop, produce and distribute stabilization systems for the food industry, as well as for coatings and paints, cosmetics and construction industries. Within a global network, our experts create innovative solutions for dairy products that contribute to a sustainable lifestyle. ICL Food Specialties leads the way in the development of functional ingredients that add texture and stability to high-quality foods.
ICL Ladenburg operates production facilities for food and beverages as well as for technical applications. Around 450 employees develop, produce and sell additives for the food industry in the production of high-quality food, including halal and kosher and according to FSSC 22000 (standard for ensuring food safety in the production of food) and partly according to IFS (food, product and Service standards) certified.
About the role as Senior Dairy Applications Technologist
- Analyze the current portfolio of phosphates and stabilizers and identify the gaps with the markets needs and trends
- Fill the gap in our current portfolio by creating new solutions, new application recipes.
- Optimize the Equipment/Method Setup of the different labs (Germany, USA, Brazil, China). This is for an effective support in the Dairy beverage customers support and new product development.
- Support the team of Application Technologists in customer support or/and for the introduction of new solution (training, joined customers visits…).
- Support our Sales Team in the understanding and the promotion of existing and new products: training, design of marketing documentation (in collaboration with the Marketing Department).
- Collaborate in the development of new products with the Application team, Project Leaders, and other department as Regulatory, Marketing, Quality, Production
- Participate in some business trade show and events.
- Animate customers seminars (face to face or virtual seminars) on Expert Level.
- Report in full transparency in defined tools.
- Handle and order lab experiments and pilot tests
- Understand Dairy market and Phosphates Market and keep the Dairy R&D team updated.
- Training of new colleagues, share experience and increase level of expertise.
- Master or equivalent, Technical or scientific options.
- Strong Experience of 12 years minimum, in food, dairy or beverages industries, ideally using phosphates, dairy ingredients, and hydrocolloids
- Experience Long shelf life dairy liquid (canned condensed, evaporated milk and creamers…) is welcome.
- Experience in Formulation, Process parameters set up, Production
- Applications: UHT Dairy beverages (flavored milk, dairy drinks, milk shake, drinkable yoghurts, HiPro beverages, chocolate drinks)
- Raw material (dairy material, phosphates, stabilizers, hydrocolloids), dairy processes and products understanding
- Working proficiency in English.
- Excel, Microsoft Office, SAP
- Intercultural exchanges
- Willingness to travel 2 to 4 weeks / Year
What does ICL offer?
Compensation of the chemical industry including company social benefits, work-life balance, a challenging position with a high level of personal responsibility in a professional and motivated team.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company, and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!