Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The (Food Safety Quality and Regulatory) FSQR Site Coordinator / Quality Manager will lead the site’s quality team (QA and QC; approx. 30 FTE) and ensure that all final product shipments meet or exceed the company, customer and regulatory requirements. In this role, you will maintain and continuously improve the product safety culture at the site as well as the management systems which include methods, procedures, maintenance, calibration, cross checks, training, auditing raw materials verification and purchasing. You will be a member of the leadership team and is often the primary contact for direct customer and regulatory interactions.
Key Accountabilities as FSQR Site Coordinator / Quality Manager
- Drive the food safety, quality and regulatory culture at the site and partner with key managers within the business acting as part of the location leadership team to ensure standards and expectations are being met and actively participate in the development of strategic initiatives and budgets.
- Provide leadership, organization and communication to the team in a manner that results in an engaged team and safe environment.
- Develop and assess systems and processes, plan and direct all food safety, quality and regulatory programs and change management, implement product specification systems, drive continuous improvement and provide input to leaders related to capital needs to maintain product safety initiatives.
- Build and foster relationships with customers and regulatory agencies to respond to questions or concerns and issue appropriate resolutions.
- Perform prevention activities to proactively identify risks and take necessary actions to prevent food safety, quality and regulatory issues across the location.
- Analyze, review and interpret policies and regulations, implements predefined customer and supplier standards, monitor regulatory activities and act as a liaison with local regulatory authorities to ensure compliance of regulations and policies.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with an approved audit scheme
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Dutch or willing to learn in the short term
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience with product lines
- Experience interacting with internal and external customers
- Experience managing and deploying a food safety, quality and regulatory management system
- Very good knowledge of Dutch
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company, and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!