Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
About Cargill Malchin
One of the world’s most modern production facilities for pectin is located in the town of Malchin in the north west of the district of Mecklenburgische Seenplatte. The production and storage grounds cover an area of some 10.7 hectares.
Production began in January 2002. That production has been under the Cargill banner since 2005. Over 120 dedicated and qualified specialist staff work in production, logistics, laboratory work, and in sales.
Pectin is a natural thickening and stabilizing agent and is most commonly found in citrus fruits, apples, and sugar beets. In households pectin has always been known for the preparation of jams and marmalades. The food industry is one of our main customers. Pectin also has a wide array of uses in drugs and in the cosmetics industry.
Everyday-use products containing pectin:
- Fruit preparations of all kinds
- Fruit juices
- Jams and marmalades
- Yogurts and soy drinks
- Gelatin-free confectionery
- Fillings for pastries and baked goods
Job Purpose and Impact
You will be a key member of the production team, providing process recommendations to operation personnel and more senior team members which will result in an increase in quality. You will be responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of all raw material and the in-process quality control within the production channels of our plant (including development and implementation of procedures, constant improvement of in-process quality control processes and systems). Moreover you will develop and implement a proactive product and process control management system (in order to increase the FTR and the empowerment of operating staff).
- Accountability for quality and process quality control (i.e. sampling/on-line metrics); definition of standard troubleshooting procedures for quality deviations; analysis of quality results; development of quality improvement projects; definition of in-process control points; definition and analysis of statistical process control (SPC); support of FSQR practices definition, the definition of local FSQR procedures plus FSQR procedures compliance.
- Accountability for performance improvement (auditing of operating standards; active participation in performance improvement execution in our production channels; active participation in the daily IDEX; support of leadership standard work improvement).
- Accountability for effectiveness (analysis of quality results; active participation on Plant & Area KPI performance analysis; active participation in the daily KPI tracking and reporting; analysis of quality results; support of the standard work definition, the dent logging and remediation, standard corrective actions, the definition of standard process corrective action for quality deviations, the execution of process corrective actions for quality deviations as well as all internal FSQR audits).
- Accountability for safety (support of the completion of internal plus external audits including closing gaps in production to identify and proactively address risk areas, of the compliance process to all food safety and quality regulations, policies, standards and practices; active participation in local initiatives on occupational safety such as BBS).
- Accountability for people management (active participation in the people management process, including the engagement program, people recognition and coaching; assistance in the design and delivery of training materials for operations employees at various levels in the organization related to in-process quality control and quality issues, practices and risks; promotion of the development of quality control mindset/culture).
- Minimum a bachelor, preferably a Master in process engineering, chemistry, biology, food technology or equivalent extensive practical experience
- Lean SixSigma Green Belt certification (or similar )
- fluent in German; good in English (verbal / written)
- good understanding of production and experience in analytical processes and continuous improvement methodologies
- preferably experience in production environment
- ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (within Production, Engineering) to achieve better results (followed up via defined KPIs)
- competence and capability of leading employees and teams
- training as well as knowledge/innovation transfer skills (adequate for all levels of the production organization)
- efficient and compelling verbal and written communication skills across different levels and areas of the site organization
- resilient, well-organized personality with a high amount of initiative of one’s own as well as independent, target-oriented style of working
- literacy in Data analysis tool (PI)/Minitab an advantage
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company, and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!