At BASF’s vegetable seeds business, it is our ambition to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable by offering vegetable solutions that are in line with consumer demands. We are looking for a Legal Counsel colleague who shall be based in Nunhem, the Netherlands and be part of the global legal core team covering vegetable seeds (approx. 50%). Additionally, the legal counsel shall be part of the global legal team which is led from Ludwigshafen Germany, covering legal support for BASF’s Agricultural Solutions (AP) Division, including in the areas of crop protection, seed treatment and/or field crop seeds&traits. (approx. 50%).
As legal counsel, you’re responsible for the ongoing support of the Vegetable Seeds’ Marketing & Sales and Operations divisions. Your responsibilities will also cover a broad range of legal aspects of BASF’s Agricultural Solutions business, the Crop Systems approach and supporting the integration of sustainability into everything we do.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as Business Partner to the units you advise and ensure compliance with the relevant competition laws and other applicable regulations as well as BASF’s Code of Conduct
- Advising the global and regional business units in Agricultural Solutions (AP) on different kinds of legal matters
- Advising Vegetable Seeds business colleagues in the division of Marketing & Sales and Operations (APV) on establishing relationships and concluding agreements with Customers, Suppliers and third-party partners (amongst others consortium agreements)
- Drafting and negotiating custom-made agreements for the business of Agricultural Solutions and Vegetable Seeds
- Supporting and implementing efficient processes in collaboration with the BASF Legal Contracting Centers
- Performing with a customer-oriented focus
- Master’s degree profound in Law with above-average academic credentials
- Minimum of 2-3 years of solid work experience in exercising the legal profession
- In-house counsel experience in an international environment is preferred, especially related to a corporate environment
- Solid (commercial) contract drafting and negotiation skills, including the use of standard agreement templates and understanding of corporate drafting preferences
- Functional knowledge of other areas of law and compliance-related matters, relevant to the business supported, including antitrust/competition law
- Functional knowledge of intellectual property issues
- In-depth knowledge of the English language
- Strong analytical thinking, but with a pragmatic and customer-oriented mindset
- Ability to identify root causes of issues quickly and have a creative problem-solving ability
- Good planning and organizational skills (preferably basic knowledge in process and project management)
- Good interpersonal skills, necessary to build relationships throughout a global organization and being flexible to deal with a diverse international set of colleagues and partners
- Ability to communicate to and train effectively a wide variety of audiences, including presentations to large and small groups, and especially to clients without a judicial or legal background.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations
- Positive and great team player, collaborator, and talented networker with cultural awareness
Pioneering : Courageously trying new things to win
Empowering : Enabling to take actions and make decisions
Performing : Focus on the right things and act fast
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. At BASF Vegetable Seeds we believe that people are the key to our long-term success and that talent is in everyone. That’s why we empower you with the tools, guidance and opportunities you need to advance and succeed in work and life. We offer you a variable remuneration in addition to an attractive salary and excellent benefits like a good pension, collective health insurance, training opportunities, flexible and remote working etc.
Giving you the support that you need to be your best and fulfil your personal ambitions is what helps us achieve our ambitions. After all, our success is linked to yours. Whatever path you envision, BASF Vegetable Seeds is a great place to build a rewarding, successful career.
WELCOME TO BASF
Our ambition is to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable by offering vegetable solutions in line with consumer demands. Our breeders and researchers are constantly working on the development of improved varieties in our laboratories, greenhouses and fields. We look at the needs of vegetable growers and the vegetable chain as well as consumer trends and social developments. By working together with partners in the vegetable value chain, we actively contribute to improving vegetable consumption with innovations that are attractive, healthy, tasty and sustainable.
BASF VS is one of the largest vegetable seed companies in the world, with its Nunhems® brand. Under this brand, BASF VS offers specialized advice and 1,200 vegetable varieties in 24 crops to the professional horticulture and vegetable chain. The company is present in all major vegetable-producing markets and has more than 2,000 employees worldwide.
More than 600 employees work at the main location in Nunhem; in the laboratory to support worldwide breeding activities, and in modern greenhouses and trial fields for the breeding programs of a.o. leek, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes and carrot, as well as in the seed cleaning and processing activities and quality assurance. The high-quality seeds are exported to customers in over 100 countries.
For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation and enhance our teams’ performance.
Interested in this job?
Are you curious about the job, and do you want to know more about why it’s so great or what are the biggest challenges in your role? If you have any questions about the position and procedure, please contact us at +31 475 770 777.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!