Döhler is a global producer, marketer, and provider of technology-driven natural ingredients, ingredient systems and integrated solutions for the food and beverage industry. We provide its customers with a wide product range including natural flavours, natural colours and textures as well as healthy and functional ingredients for foods and beverages.
The product portfolio of natural ingredients ranges from natural flavours, natural colours, health ingredients, pulses & cereal ingredients, dairy & plant-based ingredients, fermented ingredients, dry fruit & vegetable ingredients, and fruit & vegetable ingredients to ingredient systems.
Join Döhler and contribute with your vision and ideas to drive major projects. We are looking for talents who are committed to our ultimate customer focus and who are ready to deliver their best performance in a thriving environment.
Your Role as Global Head of Sourcing Specialty Ingredients
- Lead the global sourcing organization for Specialty Ingredients & Commodities.
- Implement and ensure the global sourcing strategy for the raw material group speciality ingredients
- Lead a multidisciplinary, international team of Lead Buyers, Buyers and Sourcing Assistants
- Coordinate the sourcing activities across the global sourcing organization
- Define and implement procurement plans in cooperation with R&D, Supply Chain, Business Units, Sales and Pricing teams
- Select, assess and develop suppliers, negotiate conditions and conclude framework agreements
- Analyze sourcing KPIs, identify cost improvements and savings potentials and derive actions
- Observe and analyze global procurement markets
- Foster supplier relationship management with key suppliers
- Coordinate customer and innovation projects in cooperation with R&D, Category Management and Market Research
- Analyze competitor activities and define relevant strategy adaptions
- Contribute to implementing sourcing best practices (Digital Transformation, Sustainable Sourcing) throughout the DohlerGroup
Your Profile as Global Head of Sourcing Specialty Ingredients
- At least 8-10 years of professional experience in sourcing in a global matrix environment
- Minimal Bachelor’s degree level.
- Successful track record in the sourcing of raw materials/ingredients.
- Experience in managing and developing people.
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on personality with well-developed negotiation skills, determination and the ability to think analytically
- Strong team player with well-developed interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships
- Ability to manage change as well as multiple priorities in a dynamic and ever-changing surrounding
- Fluent English skills and additional languages are welcome
- IT literate (proficient use of MS Office. SAP S4 Hana and Ariba experience are an advantage)
- Flexibility for occasional international travel
- Hybrid working model as a basis of a culture of trust
- A customer and service-oriented working environment with plenty of freedom for ownership and personal initiatives
- Various and highly responsible fields of activities at an innovative and growing company
- Exciting challenges involving Dohler’s very broad product portfolio
- A challenging job with an international orientation at our headquarters in Darmstadt
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and communicates directly with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!