Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Coordinator will implement our food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements at an assigned facility. We seek a professional with the cross-functional teamwork skills to support our leadership team with a thorough understanding of quality assurance safety technology and processes in the following: testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis and knowledge transfer. In this role, you will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety and quality concerns.
- Ensures adherence to Corporate, Regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluates standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification and reporting for the team and customer food safety and quality requirements.
- Act as and intermediary between our customers and the facility to review product performance, conduct quality safety audits, review third party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints.
- Implements product specification systems and drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
- Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits.
- Assisting the plan in various projects relating to Food Safety, Regulatory, Engagement, Training etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve complex testing and process problems
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability of leadership, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Confirmed ability to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis
- One year of supervisory experience
- Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation.
- Process Auditing experience
We provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salaries and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!