Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The tropical vegetable oil refinery in Rotterdam Botlek is a “Most Complex Plant” (throughput: +/- 700.000 ton per year) consisting of 5 refinery lines, 3 fractionation units, 6 hydrogenation units, a blending section, a tank storage facility (+/- 170 tanks), 4 truck loading stations, 1 truck unloading station, a jetty to load and discharge sea vessels, coasters and barges and the necessary utility- and infrastructure.
The Assistant Production Manager will support the production manager by overseeing part of the production and operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. In this role, you will ensure safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met.
- Functionally supervise the operation (Uptime, yields, variable cost etc) of the whole production line, lead all staff in the shift, including contract workers
- Monitor and maintain proper safety requirements (zero harm safety culture) in the shift to ensure the safety of the staff.
- Monitor and maintain the quality to ensure the products meet the required standards.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement together with timely root cause analysis of non standard conditions. Ensure ongoing review of key performance indicators with focus on continuous improvements in site operational targets.
- Provide training to the staff on relevant environmental health and safety requirements to ensure that all staff are trained in accordance with regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field (eg Mechanical engineering, Chemical Engineering,…) or equivalent experience
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- Established skills in continuous improvement.
- Natural leader who can connect the workfloor dynamics with the management layers
- Team player, collaborative mindset
- Pragmatic, energetic and down to earth
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, permits, WABO, DCMR RWS
- Knowledge of systems like HAZOP, BBS, GMP, RCM
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!