Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Job location(s): Vilvoorde, Belgium
As the Senior Application Specialist Dairy & Frozen Desserts EMEA, you provide application support and expertise on Cargill’s ingredients in Dairy and Frozen Desserts Applications to the EMEA Dairy/beverage/specialised nutrition cluster application team and to the regional Key customer-base, as well as to the regional and EMEA Tech service and sales organization. Activities range from providing Key customer assistance in problem solving, re-formulation, identifying attractive new ingredient and new-end products possibilities/solutions, understanding the customers’ needs and Jobs to be Done’s in the Dairy & Frozen dessert space and the Business group’s product line strategies, developing new product prototypes/concepts and also training/education. You will provide the know-how and capabilities to increase the comprehension of both technical and sales teams. This role will create demand for new opportunities in the market at the customer and will bring this to commercialization. You will be strongly focused on the Cargill Texturizing and Specialties (CTS) to win in Dairy as the CTS SME (subject matter expert).
- You have a clear contribution to the Applications Center vision, mission and annual goals, including financial success of projects.
- You deliver on the annual targeted category goals.
- You are accountable to lead and deliver on key customer and Cargill core development projects, requests and related customer visits. You understand the jobs to be done and needs of the customer to create new solutions or opportunities and will bring it to final success.
- You are able to start up projects/request by being accountable for setting up the experimental work plan, execution, excellent interpretation and reporting.
- You plan and perform Application work in lab & pilot plants on projects representing the core expertise.
- You can be tagged to mid-sized to large/complex key customers
- You are able to travel and visit customers to understand the Jobs to be Done and to run trials and give presentations, train customers, create new demands and opportunities, together with Technical Service and Sales teams.
- You provide Application support to the customer and Cargill’s Group Tech service organization in EMEA, including customer trials and visits, supporting and executing on the Cargill product line’s strategy
- You are actively involved in trainings, innovation days and exhibitions by presenting deep subject matter expertise and sharing knowledge.
- You are responsible to write detailed, well structured, technical reports on the outcome of the practical work done.
- You will disseminate your core expertise into other categories as well: expertise in product lines, technologies, characterization tools…
- You work in multi-disciplinary teams with Associate Application Specialists and other Senior Application members and other functions (One Team mentality). You work closely with the Principal Scientist on building and practicing expertise.
- Master/PhD degree in food science/technology (in dairy specific) or equivalent by experience.
- B.Sc in Food Technology, Chemistry, Food Science or Technology as a minimum
- Experience of at least 7 years in the Dairy industry as B2C or B2B, is a clear advantage
- Significant customer understanding and customer focus by applying Jobs to be Done.
- Customer facing experience and market insights.
- Relevant and profound experience in finished products, mainly in yoghurt and quark, ice cream and frozen desserts, dairy desserts, dairy beverages, creams and creamers, cheeses.
- Strong knowledge of technologies applied by customers to produce these finished products is key, emulsification, pasteurization, sterilization, homogenization, whipping, aerating, stabilization, separation, fermentation, ageing, freezing, extrusion molding, coating,
- Strong knowledge on ingredients used in these finished products with main focus on starches, lecithins/emulsifiers, hydrocolloids, stabilizers, fibers, functional systems, proteins, and some knowledge on sweeteners and fats & oils and cocoa products
- Skilled Experience with profound project management.
- Skilled Experience in writing technical reports.