grapefruteglobe Kerry Group
Job Title: Technology Support Specialist (Western Europe) Meat Sales m/f
Kerry is responding to consumer demand for real ingredients with better, more authentic and nutritious taste experiences. With 40 years’ experience and 24,000 staff on six continents, Kerry has a renewed focus on Taste & Nutrition where the science of taste merges with the science of nutrition. We combine our deep understanding of taste with our in-depth knowledge of people, culture, life stage and daily nutritional needs. By partnering with Kerry, customers are taken on a journey to make food, beverage and pharma products that people enjoy and feel better about. We call this Leading to Better.
This role will provide technical assistance to Territory Manager, distributor and customers. Provides solutions to complex technical food processing challenges. Works in food processing facilities and R&D centers to perfect application of Red Arrow (RA) products which will assist Territory Manager and distributor to complete a sales opportunity. Works closely with equipment partners and provides technical equipment support to include basic maintenance, start-ups and production trials. Educates/trains customers and distributors on all RA technology and equipment.
This role can be based in Germany, Poland, Benelux
Key responsibilities will include:
- Performs tests and trials with customers on-site – main focus will be smoking and browning tests.
- Assists territory managers and distributors with questions, training, technical advice and options.
- Works directly with international distributors for technical support, problem solving, seminars.
- Keeps up-to-date with Kerry and Red Arrow technology and equipment development.
- Trouble shoots with customers to find solutions to Red Arrow product or equipment issues.
- Provides technical expertise at trade shows, seminars, and training sessions locally and globally.
- Analyzes and matches competitive products in the market.
- Serves as the technical expert on product composition, recommendations and methods of application to meet specific needs/requests.
- Provides written follow-up and documentation on projects, customer discussions or on any continuing issues that occur/exist within the customers visited for necessary dissemination of information as necessary within the organization.
- Communicates and works with R&D in the development or reformulation of products to meet customer needs or in response to competitive situations within the territory.
- Provides input and recommendations on the development of new and existing custom Application Equipment in partnership with the Equipment Department Technical and Sales teams
- Performs technical calls and customer service visits independently or jointly with territory manager and or distributor as needed.
- Completes on-site customer visits to access installation potential based upon customer/sales management request for specific equipment.
- Develops and conducts training programs for distributors and customers on a regular and as needed basis.
- Provides suggestions for future product/technology development opportunities based on industry trends and market needs
- Promotes a positive company image and fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Conducts application equipment maintenance, start-ups and installations as needed.
- Attain a very high degree of knowledge of all Red Arrow products and technical application of atomization, showering and internal use in order to train customers, distributors and colleagues.
- Assists Territory Manager with marketing projects, trade shows, technical seminars and other duties as required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BA or BS in food or related discipline (at minimum)
- 7+ years of technical food experience
- English language (verbal and written fluency)
- Additional european language(s) an advantage
- Knowledge of food industry & trends in the region
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications
- High degree of knowledge of smoke and flavor interaction in meat and meat products.
- Ability to produce various smoked foods in a multitude of processing systems and identifying problems that can/could result and how to solve them.
- Understanding of end to end meat processing process.
- High degree of understanding of the seasoning industry (ingredients used, regulations, players, interactions and how Red Arrow products can fit in).
- Ability to taste a product and be able to make a suggestion as to which of our products would be a good place to start testing.
- Ability to formulate a new product knowing how Red Arrow products taste/react to develop a match for a customer’s product.
- Ability to understand Red Arrow’s complete product line and know what each product is, what it can do and where it should be used.
- Approximately 50% travel required
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.