Job Title: Trade Marketing Executive m/f
Based in Hochheim, Germany and reporting to the Marketing Manager for Foodservice in Europe the position of Trade Marketing Executive combines Market Research, Consumer Insight, and B2B Marketing Communications & Activation responsibilities, with a focus on the dynamic Foodservice market.
This role provides support and guidance to the Food Service marketing teams at Kerry across a number of different channels (Coffee & Bakery, QSR, Leisure, Convenience, Contract Catering and Vending among others) through the coordination and preparation of important customer engagements, marketing collateral, and market analysis.
The Trade Marketing Executive will be mainly accountable for the activation of our Food Service brands in Germany and France, working across the full range of marketing disciplines. The Marketing Trading Executive also contributes to strategic planning through primary research, data acquisition, market analysis and report preparation, with a focus on Food Service channels.
- Lead the activation of our brands in market – with bespoke and branded concepts to win new business and accelerate growth in existing customers.
- Work with central brand management team and other Kerry marketing teams as well as designated agencies to prepare industry-leading catalogues, brochures, advertising materials, and content for digital media.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activity and work regularly with research to ensure the brand knowledge is current and circulated internally to the brand and sales teams.
- Provide insight and marketing input into concept ideation for specific strategic and customer-focused initiatives.
- Prepare compelling, insight-based presentations to clearly communicate Kerry’s value proposition to selected customers, either directly in person, or for delivery by an account manager.
- Generate customer and consumer insight through the use of Kerry foresight tools, including subscription-based data sources, consumer surveys and panels, direct interviews, sensory research analysis, market immersion, trend analysis, etc
- Coordinate the preparation for important customer meetings at our Global Technology & Innovation centre and at customer headquarters if required
- Prepare reports and make recommendations to management regarding market issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (essential) – Bachelors or Master’s degree in marketing, business, food science, or related field.
- 1-3 years of marketing experience, ideally in the food and beverage industry and FMCG.
- Brand marketing background preferred.
- Languages: German & English (French would be an advantage, but is not essential).
- Demonstrated level of expertise in the fundamentals of Brand Activation as well as Consumer and Customer Insight generation.
- Excellent communications skills, and a talent for storing, filling and sharing information with relevant stakeholders.
- Experience and creativity in preparing and hosting successful client meetings. Skills include meticulous preparation, asking the right questions, managing deadlines and expectations, etc.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion, including the management of multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and of 3rd party agencies (marketing / design / research)
- Ability to quickly grasp and become proficient in new concepts, ideas, technologies, markets, tools and ways of working.
- An enthusiastic attitude towards effectively interacting with many different functions and serving as an active participant on a multinational, multi-functional team.
- Strong capability in applying quantitative and qualitative analysis methodologies, interpreting and presenting findings in a clear, concise manner, including the creation and use of tables, charts, and graphics to summarize results.
- A passion for actively engaging across the business, building partnerships based on trust and integrity.
Kerry is responding to consumer demand for real ingredients with better, more authentic and nutritious taste experiences. With 40 years’ experience and 24,000 staff on six continents, Kerry has a renewed focus on Taste & Nutrition where the science of taste merges with the science of nutrition. We combine our deep understanding of taste with our in-depth knowledge of people, culture, life stage and daily nutritional needs. By partnering with Kerry, customers are taken on a journey to make food, beverage and pharma products that people enjoy and feel better about. We call this Leading to Better.
Kerry’s Foodservice brands are some of the best quality brands in Foodservice across EMEA and include Da Vinci Gourmet, Island Oasis, Vendin, Ravifruit, Kerrymaid and the new Chef’s Pass brand. Kerry seeks to accelerate their growth with an ambitious roll-out plan into continental Europe with an immediate focus on Mainland Europe.