Job Title: Texturizing Solutions Technician Meat
The Texturizing Solutions (TS) Technician Meat is responsible for providing own technical support to Cargill Senior Meat and Pet Food TS specialist with the objective to support the business strategies. Own projects including trials planning, execution and follow up, reporting and registering of reports As the TS Technician Meat, you contribute to the identification of unmet needs, jobs to be done & opportunity spaces to support the BU strategy.
- You are accountable for setting up and conducting application trials in the Meat Pilot Plant to support the customer request.
- You provide accurate data measure during trials and analyses.
- You write detailed and well-structured technical reports on the outcome of the practical work done, ensure trial reports are replicable.
- You prepare prototypes for shipment to customers, exhibitions, seminars and trainings including document preparation and labelling according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- You maintain equipment and lab infrastructure in optimal working conditions include compliance with food safety, EHS and maintenance regulations.
- You develop own technical knowledge to support technical-support responsibilities including equipment, ingredients and functionality.
- You support training programs by giving and receiving training on equipment, ingredients and category knowledge
- You develop technical solutions (internal and external) to maximize value creation, to support the business strategy.
- You communicate and record knowledge in agreed formats.
- You deliver on own goals and support the business strategies.
- You leverage knowledge generated from projects to maximize value creation.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Food Science or Technology and minimum 3y experience in the field or BSc + 2-3 years of education
- Experience in finished products, mainly in the meat and Pet Food field is an advantage
- Process applied by customers to produce Meat and Pet Food is a plus
- Knowledge on ingredients used in these finished products; hydrocolloids and starches is an asset
- Experience in meat is an advantage
- Work isolated/ alone in the Meat Pilot Plant and independently with limited supervision
- Good lab and pilot practices – Safety and food safety behaviours and clean labs
- Problem solver with “Can do” and “Hands on” mentality and pragmatic approach
- Pro-active, creative and flexible attitude
- Fluent in English (French is a benefit)
- PC literate
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 155,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career.
Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate offers the food industry a wide range of both standard and customized cocoa and chocolate ingredients to be used in delicious bakery, confectionery and dairy applications all over the world. This with a team of 3,500 passionate cocoa and chocolate experts working in 47 locations. Together, we provide unique knowledge, insights and service across five continents, built on a foundation of 150 years of experience.