Founded in Murcia (Spain) in 1965 by Ginés Hernández, Productos Sur, S.A. (Prosur) started out as a spice and herb blender for food manufacturers. When the business passed on to the second generation, Prosur shifted its attention to ground-breaking nutritional and ingredient solutions for food industries.
Over the last fifty years, Prosur has created a powerful balance between experience, expertise and innovation.Tucked away in the southeastern corner of Spain, Murcia is Europe’s fruit and vegetable garden. Its unique climate and geography produce high-quality products that are a daily inspiration for our scientists. Combining the essence of the Mediterranean lifestyle, nature’s best and our know-how in biotechnology, Prosur’s food scientists develop innovative solutions that focus on your need to create safe, flavorful foods that make you more competitive.
Prosur is a company with extensive experience in the meat, poultry and fish industry that offers natural solutions such as antioxidants, flavours and colours. We also offer clean label solutions in the fight against pathogens such as Listeria, Salmonella, E. coli. Prosur is a company concerned with the quality of their production processes. The company is IFS and BRC certified.
The Technical Sales Manager can be home-based in the EU, preferably in Italy, Poland, Austria or other Central-European locations and is responsible for Italy, Poland, Central & Eastern Europe & the Balkan region.
- Perform technical sales with a focus on meat, poultry, seafood & savoury products manufacturers (large, midsize & small).
- Closing business whenever possible.
- Weekly prospecting for new opportunities both within current customers and to gain opportunities at new customers.
- Uncovering any issues that may be causing prospects and/or customers to delay moving forward with our ingredients and working diligently to resolve those issues whenever possible.
- Identifying those with Buying Influence and developing new relationships of trust within customers and prospects.
- Listening to understand the needs and wants of customers/prospects.
- Developing win-win proposals for both the customer and Prosur Inc.
- Always acting in the long-term best interest of both customers and Prosur Inc.
- Travelling to see customers and prospects regularly, approximately 70% of the business days available. Appropriate planning for efficient travel, productive meetings, and subsequent prompt follow-up is expected.
- Be market intelligent and informative on market price, competition, new opportunities, and market trends.
- Updating the sample log with the status of accounts and reporting any significant movement or developments via e-mail.
- Whenever Prosur adjusts or adapts our strategy and/or structure, responsibilities are subject to change.
The ideal candidate has (order of importance) the following background
- Passion for new food ingredient technologies (clean label).
- Experience in sales of food ingredients for meat & savoury products.
- Degree or training in meat or food science/technology or similar.
- Plant experience/process knowledge is an advantage.
- Languages: English mandatory and preferably one of the following: Italian, Polish or other regional languages.
Prosur has outsourced the recruitment process for this position to Grapefrute. Please contact Grapefrute with any questions you have.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.