This role can be based in Vilvoorde, Belgium or Schiphol, the Netherlands.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. m
The Technical Account Manager Confectionary/Bakery focusses on developing oil solutions to the confectionary/bakery category, while being a fully embedded member of the regional Technical Services Team. He/she will bring existing solutions to the Oils & Seeds(O&S) customers and will develop new solutions and product innovation in the defined category.
Main purpose of the role is to contribute to the O&S business success by supporting O&S customers in terms of existing and new development projects.
50% Customer Solution Development
- Directly interacts with selected customers from confectionary/bakery category as dedicated technical contact, both existing and new customers.
- Develops broad interaction with customers’ R&D, product development, production, quality in order to understand customer needs.
- Creates great technical insights for confectionary/bakery customers by his/her deep technical expertise, application and market knowledge of confectionary/bakery category.
- Promotes existing O&S products and services to confectionary/bakery customers.
- Proactively identifies customer solutions and new ways that Cargill can create value for the customer.
- Translates customer needs into new solution ideas and refines direction with the customer.
- Constantly expands knowledge on customers, the application and the markets, creates new innovation ideas and converts these into new projects.
- Provides clear input and guidance to the internal confectionary/bakery category team on necessary new capabilities to best serve the confectionary/bakery segment.
- Represents Cargill in relevant external organizations, committees, technical exhibitions and groups to appropriately influence key external experts and customers on Cargill opinions as well as product strategy.
35% Customer Project Planning & Execution, Issue Resolution Leads customer projects and is responsible for project planning & execution. Involves other functions where required.
- Independently develops or facilitates development of the most complex formulations involving significant interpretation and variation of the recipes.
- Provides project follow-up on behalf of the customer. Oversees that projects are completed and issues are resolved timely and within agreed cost and quality standards.
- Assists lab, pilot plant and production trials at customer and that way creates new insights and product improvement opportunities.
- Independently troubleshoots problems if no standard solution is available, utilizing industry expertise in one or more field and full breadth knowledge across multiple specialties. Works directly with R&D, Applications and FSQR team on behalf of the customer.
15% Customer Communication
- Presents projects proposals, progress and final solution for new application/ recipe/ formulation/ product directly to the customer Independently interacts with customers on project progress, links back on specific requirements and adjusts project Independently, or with support from internal teams, creates and delivers most specialized training for customers to educate on various processes, products, ingredients and their different applications.
- Provides guidance to customers on legislation and regulation related to food, food safety and health claims that may influence products, ingredients and labeling.
- Provides coaching and facilitates knowledge transfer to more junior team members.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master degree in food chemistry, food technology, chemistry, human nutrition or other related field.
- Sound expertise in oils and fats chemistry.
- Deep technical expertise of oils and fats that are used in confectionary and bakery applications (excellent understanding of which oils and fats for which confectionary/bakery application and deep insights in behavior oils and fats in the production process of confectionary/bakery).
- Excellent understanding of oils and fats manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge about the confectionary/bakery market: customers, trends, dynamics, suppliers to the market.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant customer facing working experience in a technical advisory role and associated customer relationship network or relevant R&D expertise on customer level.
- Solution driven, with a ‘can do’ attitude, good influencing skills.
- Understanding of food and other regulatory requirements relevant to confectionary/bakery.
- Working knowledge of food safety processes and requirements.
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Experience in project management for good outcomes Trained in sales effectiveness or comparable program.
- Expertise other ingredient area(s): chocolate, sugar, milk ingredients.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.