Job Title: Technical Account Manager - Coatings & Fillings
As Technical Account Manager Coatings & Fillings, you support our Cocoa and Chocolate (CCC) business unit to grow and defend our business. Responsible for the technical support to customers, you will pro-actively develop and promote our coatings & fillings product range in various applications areas. You will translate customer and market needs to technical solutions and product opportunities.
You will be a vital technical link between the customer and our operations and commercial teams. Your objective is to develop your knowledge and expertise for chocolate compound applications and turn that into value for internal and external parties. This means developing recipes according to customer taste and needs and anticipating market trends. You provide advice and technical support as well as you would be giving technical trainings. In all cases it requires to take initiative, strike a cost/benefit balance and come with a strong and innovative customer solution.
- Identifies project scope, begins project plan and provides project oversight for moderately strategic customers where success is important. Projects typically involve existing ingredients/ application technology (level 1A projects).
- Prepares samples according to methods/formulations documented by more senior team members, involving some interpretation and variation of the recipes. May independently develop less complex formulations.
- Provides project follow-up on behalf of the customer (level 1A projects). Works directly with Cargill’s internal R&D (Applications) and Operations teams to ensure projects are completed and issues are resolved timely and within agreed upon cost and quality standards.
- With some oversight, troubleshoots problems, utilizing comprehensive knowledge in one or more fields AND awareness across multiple specialties. Works directly with the Applications or Commercial QA team on behalf of the customer.
- Identifies solutions to customer requests and ways that CCC can create value for the customer.
- Acts as primary technical contact for Regional/ Local Customer Accounts with moderately significant business impact.
- Addresses a range of customer technical questions and concerns from simple to moderate where analysis of a customer problem requires a review of identifiable factors (e.g., recently added new ingredient and customer knows component that is causing issue and why).
- Works directly with moderately strategic customers to build and maintain a solid understanding of their business strategy. Responds to customer requests for new ingredients/ formulation/ product opportunities.
- Translates customer needs into clear and concise specifications that can be understood and acted upon by internal R&D, Operations, Sales and Commercial teams.
- Assesses performance against key criteria for customers with moderately significant business impact. Grows incremental contribution margin to meet agreed target
Customer need assessment and portfolio
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with customers by frequent visits (travelling involved) and understand and anticipate their business strategy
- Partners with regional Sales/Commercial teams to acquire new business from potential customers with moderately significant business impact (i.e., participate in visits, interact with technical teams of potential customers).
- With some direction from more senior team members, explores competitor capabilities along with comparisons to Cargill capabilities. Reviews with more senior team members to determine gaps and how Cargill can best serve the customer.
- On occasion, directly interacts with the customer’s highest level of R&D Leadership (i.e., Chief R&D Officer, VP of Product Development, Director of R&D) for small customers or R&D team for mid-sized customers to understand the business strategy and the needs of the customer.
- Supports internal Sales/ Commercial Teams for moderately strategic customers by:
- providing product/ application/ ingredient/ processing expertise
- sharing intimate knowledge of the customers’ business strategy and processes
- providing insight to customer needs and competitor comparisons
- Provides first line prioritization of the customer’s portfolio.
Customer communication and training
- Presents project proposals for new application/ recipe/ formulation/ product directly to the customer. Typically presents directly to the customer’s highest level of R&D Leadership (i.e., Chief R&D Officer, VP of Product Development, Director of R&D) for small customers or R&D team for mid-sized customers.
- Independently, or with support from internal R&D/ Sales/ Commercial teams, creates and delivers training for customers to educate on various processes, products, ingredients and their different applications. May receive direction from more senior team members.
- Independently, or with support from internal R&D team, documents standard product specifications and delivers specifications and prototypes directly to the customer or internal Applications or Production teams. May receive direction from more senior team members.
- Works directly with peers in Business Unit to provide R&D support in area of expertise.
- Provides guidance to customers on legislation and regulation related to food, food safety and health claims that may influence products, ingredients and labeling.
- University (Bachelor’s degree food technology)
- 5+ years working experience in food industry
- Experience in C&F or oils and fats industry is preferred
- Experience in Bakery, Ice-cream and/or Confectionary industry is preferred
- Ideally experienced in the development and production of consumer products
- Proven skills in providing technical service to customers (internal or external)
- Familiar in the use of equipments in the lab as well as on-line production facility for food applications.
- Basic project management skills
- Proven skills in a customer oriented technical service
- Strong listening, communication skills and practical hands-on approach in problem solving.
- Flexible, positive and open-minded
- Good interpersonal skills and team worker, with the ability to well function independently when necessary
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with cross-functional teams within the organization
- Excellent knowledge of English and preferably German
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.