Job Title: Senior Sales Business Development Manager Foodservice (multinational) m/f
*Please note that this role is done from home office. The location of the candidate is irrelevant.*
The German Foodservice market is valued at € 94bn and is growing at a rate of 2 % CAGR to 2020.
Kerry Food Service Europe are committed to grow the business to €17 m by 2022, whereby the strategic focus is on beverage systems into channels such as coffee shops & chains, travel and bakeries, Leisure FSR & QSR, Sports & Events, Vending, Contract Catering and Premium Patisseries.
As of H2 2018 Food Service will supplement the portfolio with savoury solutions (stock, bouillon, gravies, spreads and RTE appetizers) into FSR, QSR and Contract Catering.
This new role will report to the Vice President Foodservice.
The key markets are Germany, Nordics, Italy and Eastern Europe.
This role is home based. Career progression might be possible.
• Drives new sales and business development growth in selected Foodservice Channels and Sub-channels
• Build and manage a sustainable customer and project pipeline of new sales opportunities
• Build, develop and manage a strong network with selected specialist and broadband distributors in selected channels
• Coordinate project progress updates for internal use at team and leadership meetings through Salesforce and Powerpoint.
• Systematically extend industry network by attending trade-shows and customer events
• Drives short term and medium range pipeline in collaboration with RD , aligned with Global counterparts and with input from Business Management, Sales and both regional and central Marketing teams.
Route to market
Primarily this is a direct Business to Business function incorporating elements of both “hunting” and “farming”
Note – Global Foodservice Chains (eg McDonalds) are managed in a separate team
Following successful accomplishment as Sales & Business Development Manager over time, would be progression to Director of Sales in Foodservice Brands or Global Chains
Qualifications and Experience:
▪ higher education preferred
▪ 5+ years post qualification experience in a customer facing role in selling solution based applications in Foodservice or FMCG F&B
▪ solid relationships with key players in the German Food Service Industry
▪ Proven Expertise in working with distributors
▪ German and English language skills.
▪ Computer skills: Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce
▪ Comfortable in a “start-up” environment backed up by a strong global organisation
▪ Proactive Can-do and Problem-Solver attitude
▪ Self-starter – not afraid to take initiative and get hands dirty
▪ Entrepreneurial – Highly motivated and ambitious for career progression
▪ Communication skills – strong ability to adapt to different audiences (written and verbal)
▪ Mobile – Available to travel throughout Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Ireland
▪ Organised – ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
▪ Commercially astute
▪ Team player: Collaborative both internally & externally
▪ Change Agent
▪ Adaptability to international business culture
Kerry Group is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
Global headquarters are located in Naas 30 km southwest of Dublin in County Kildare / Ireland.