Job Title: Senior Development Technologist m/f
Please note that this contract is for 6 months.
Reporting to the R&D Commercialization Manager or R&D Director, the Senior Development Technologist is responsible for the coordination and management of the commercialisation of new products within Godiva Brussels & European co-manufacturers. The candidate will coordinate and hands-on manage the development activities from prototype through industrialization and serve as liaison with Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Marketing, Category, Chefs, Regulatory, QA and external partners (e.g. suppliers) to ensure projects meet timelines and goals. This position is also responsible to work on Continuous Improvement Projects including Cost/Process/Product Optimization.
- Manage commercialisation of new products and prepare all necessary documents, including: Lead several projects at any one time from bench scale prototypes to in market on shelf product. Identify, plan, conduct and report on R&D activities through the commercialisation phase to meet launch timings. Research and test new technology in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Operations and Marketing as needed. Plan, conduct and document industrial tests, lead and develop testing for product and process development. Work with Chefs and Supply chain to ensure production feasibility of new products. Create and develop product and process specifications and align with key functions for full sign off. Ensure all information from R&D is available to document in required systems and take responsibility for the on time completion of documentation.
- Participate actively for R&D in process and formula improvement projects.
- Work on ingredient or process enabler projects; Enable TDC approach by providing a complete analysis of ingredients, recipe and process value.
- Participate in tasting of first prototypes.
- Interact globally with other members of the Global Research and Development team, Category teams, Quality, PMO, SC, and external partners to ensure excellence in execution.
- Communicate to senior stakeholders as required with suitable material.
- Education: Food Engineer or equivalent (Master Degree) or higher.
- Experience: Proven relevant NPD experience (min 4 to 8 years) in Chocolate confectionery industry or adjacent categories bakery/pastry/drink (coffee, cocoa drinks,…)/biscuits.
- Skills: French and English speaking.
- Factual mindset and hands on approach.
- Process disciplined, organised and results driven.
- Fast adaptation, autonomous with good judgment and escalation behaviour.
- Conceptual and hands-on at the same time.
- Good communication skills and ability to motivate people.
- Know-how management aptitude(learning, training).
- Ability to evolve in changing environment.
- Required sense of initiative and autonomy functioning.
- Good knowledge of MS Office software.
- Knowledge of Siemens Interspec PLM software or other specifications system is a plus
Godiva is a world market leader in delicious chocolate. We use fresh ingredients to create unique taste sensations, based on our craftsmanship and experience built up over many years. Our European head quarters and production facility is based in Brussels and we have a retail presence in Belgium, France, Germany and the UK.
Since its creation in 1926 in Brussels, Belgium, Godiva Chocolatier has become one of the most premium chocolate brands in the world. The first Godiva boutique outside of Belgium was opened in Paris, followed by openings in the United Kingdom, Germany, the USA, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, … Nowadays Godiva makes delicious chocolate with unparalleled smoothness and elegant designs and packaging available in over 80 countries around the world.
Godiva is part of Pladis
he pladis story began when the families of McVitie’s, Godiva and Ulker each started making the sweet and savoury treats they would later become famous for.
The success of each family in creating products that people everywhere could enjoy, helped the brands grow into icons with large portfolios of sweet and savoury treats. When the Ulker family expanded their group of companies, Yildiz Holding, through the international acquisitions of Godiva Chocolatier (2008), DeMet’s Candy Company (2014) and United Biscuits (2014), they brought together the family businesses that would become pladis.
In 2016, Yildiz Holding embarked on a remarkable journey to transform its consumer food businesses and created a new global industry leader: and so pladis was born, combining over 300 years of family brand heritage.
Named after the ‘Pleiades’ constellation, a group of seven stars visible from anywhere on earth, pladis retains the values and beliefs of the Ulker family; honesty, integrity, passion.
As pladis we set out each and every day to promise happiness to the world with every bite.