grapefruteglobe Kerry Group
Job Title: Senior Scientist Snacks
Kerry is responding to consumer demand for real ingredients with better, more authentic and nutritious taste experiences.
With a strong track record in snacks seasoning development and the drive to deliver against tough customer demands, the Senior Scientist will be central to maintaining and expanding Kerry’s position as a trusted partner in the snacking sector.
Working in partnership with customers across Europe and Russia, the role requires collaboration with a global network of RD&A experts, marketing, sensory, regulatory and sales counterparts to deliver products that excite the consumer.
Reporting into the Snacks & Dry Culinary RD&A Manager, this role will also involve managing direct reports and deputising for the RD&A Manager, as appropriate.
- Lead the development of innovative and relevant seasoning & snacks concepts that set Kerry apart.
- Demonstrate strong capability in recognising and describing flavour and the ability to reliably recommend and carry out formulation improvements
- Quickly establish and build strong relationships and close collaborations with customers, becoming their key contact and expert solutions partner.
- Effectively showcase Kerry technologies and capabilities by developing innovative, cost effective and relevant solutions, to fulfil customer briefs and Kerry marketing campaigns.
- Manage projects to optimise existing products and develop new products & concepts, outlining procedures, specifications and guidance as relevant.
- Facilitate scale up and production requirements, including internal and external factory trial attendance when required.
- Lead collaborations with key internal stakeholders & business support functions (sales, marketing, etc.) to ensure successful & timely project execution.
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of consumer trends, sensory testing and commercial awareness to successfully deliver against customer & business expectations.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BSc/MSc in Food Science, Food Technology, Applied Science or related area
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience, ideally 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must be established seasoning specialist with relevant experience in the area of snacks seasonings (Savoury | Dry Culinary | experience also considered).
The Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.