Job Title: Senior Project Manager Yeast-based Products m/f
Following a new set-up of Ohly’s innovation department and an expansion of its expertise, for our headquarters in Hamburg in Germany we are looking for a Senior Project Manager Yeast-based Products m/f.
The Role & Your Tasks
As Project Manager you are responsible for the timely delivery of the results of the multidisciplinary projects within budget. In close collaboration with the lead scientists, you convert project ideas into concrete work plans with a time line and a budget.
You coordinate the activities of the different project members, monitor and report on progress, timely identify major project risks and pro-actively communicate to the relevant stakeholders in case there are deviations from the original work plan.
You are creative and pragmatic and solve problems before they grow (too) big. You contribute to the generation of new project ideas, recognize patentable results and recognize/come up with ideas for new product development or applications that require the further (business) development/co-development with other companies.
- You have an MSc, but preferably a PhD in Microbial Biotechnology (alternatively Chemistry, Food science or similar).
- 3-5 years of project management in i.e. innovation, R&D, NPD/product development.
- Experience in i.e. biotechnology, flavours, ingredients, food, beverages, pharma or similar.
- Able to implement the Innovation Stage-Gate Process.
- You have a broad scientific background and interest and affinity with business development. You obtain energy from visiting customers and preferably are able to recognize new business opportunities.
- You are result-oriented and structured, are able to motivate and persuade people from different back grounds and locations.
- Able to handle changing priorities.
- Good command of English both spoken and written (German is an advantage, not essential).
Are you interested in working for a company that combines the benefits of a start-up with those of a large company?
Ohly is the third largest yeast extract producer in the world with sites in Germany and the USA. We develop,produce and deliver high-quality yeast-based flavours and specialty powders. Ohly is part of the $17.6bn turnover Associated British Food (ABF) Group. ABF is a broad portfolio of businesses which includes Primark, Ovaltine, Twinings, AB Enzymes, and is the world’s second largest producer of both sugar and baker’s yeast. ABF takes along-term perspective on investment and performance, and stimulates entrepreneurship by giving high degrees of autonomy to operational businesses. This means that decisions are taken as close as possible to their point of impact allowing teams the freedom to act, in order to be successfully flexible and fast. ABF invests a great deal in selecting and developing the right people for Ohly and the broader ABF group of companies.