Job Title: Senior Pilot Plant Operator
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
As the Senior Pilot Plant Operator you conduct process pilot plant trials independently according to pre-defined process flow diagrams and procedures: process set-up, operation and monitoring, recognizing process variations, data recording, and reporting out. You operate independently stand-alone process pilot plant equipment as well as automated processes in several technologies (thermal processing and extrusion, powder processing, water removal, wet modification, separation, mixing and blending, milling and grinding). You work in close collaboration with trial leads to define trial conditions, as well as with support functions to ensure compliance (safety, food safety, maintenance). You supervise non-Pilot Plant operators and give operation training to new operators. You conduct first line trouble shooting (mechanical and automation), maintenance, housekeeping, cleaning and sanitizing, and also support research projects with a service operations mindset.
- You conduct process pilot plant trials and provide input for setting process conditions (based on equipment specifications);
- You are responsible for equipment installation and set-up according to pre-defined process flow diagrams, equipment testing and (food) safety risk assessments;
- You lead equipment operations and data recording during trial execution;
- You conduct basic product analysis (pH, dry substance etc);
- You supervise non-Pilot Plant operators and supports trial leads to define trial conditions (within equipment specifications);
- You conduct first line trouble shooting (mechanical and automation), maintain equipment, pilot and laboratory areas and storage infrastructure in optimal working conditions, ensuring compliance with best practices, (food) safety and maintenance regulations.
- You clean and sanitize equipment following food safety procedures, and validate it by conducting routine sampling for microbiological testing;
- You lead continuous improvement by implementing the 5S methodology.
> 3 years’ experience as process operator (food/feed/bio-industrial/ingredients)
Product know-how (food/feed/bio-industrial/ingredients)
Able to coach non-experienced operators in process pilot plant environment
Ability to adapt to flexible Research and Development environment
Strong team player
Good level of English, spoken and written (Dutch and/or French would be a plus)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work