grapefruteglobe International Food Manufacturer
Job Title: Senior Global Capital Procurement Manager (CAPEX) m/f
Our client, an international manufacturer of food & beverages ingredients, is looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return they offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.
In this role you will report to the Global Sourcing Director.
- Lead and Coordinate our Global Capital Procurement Expenditure development and documentation of global strategies for capital procurement in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Partner with VP Global and Regional Operations Finance, Regional VP of Engineering and Regional Capex Procurement Managers, Group and Regional Legal Services.
- Review Existing Standard Global Contract Models and RASCI to ensure they dovetail with our Global Capex Approval Policy. Ensure the optimal Contracting Models are used for each project to ensure timely, project delivery within agreed cost parameters whilst mitigating risk.
- Develop Global Standard Ways of Working and ensure they are optimal for current and future business requirements ensuring decisions are taken at an optimal level in the organization in a controlled manner.
- Develop and utilize a system to evaluate vendor quotations with the appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service ensuring that selected vendors can meet our requirements and Service Level Agreements now and in the foreseeable future and that they operate to the highest standards of safety, ethics and conduct.
- Direct Involvement on all major Contacts / Projects and contribute on an advisory capacity on smaller projects as required especially if cross regional.
- Identify Key Supply Partners for Construction, Equipment Purchase, Equipment Lease and Negotiate Standard Global Commercial Agreements where advantageous.
- Ensuring all Capex Contracts ( Global and Regional ) are properly documented and reviewed by Group / Regional Legal before implementation to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and that Confidentiality and Intellectual Property are protected.
- All supplier meetings must be documented and saved in the appropriate document repository.
- Identify innovation opportunities in this ever evolving space.
- Identify and document cost saving opportunities and ensure implementation takes place on a timely basis.
- Ensure monthly cost saving achievements are agreed with Global and Regional Operations Finance and recorded accurately and reported to Global Procurement Finance.
- Ensure supplier payment terms are aligned globally and are optimized to meet group working capital requirements.
- Establish a cross functional Global Category Council, which should “meet” at least every six weeks, to ensure that any issues in terms of cost or performance of selected Global or Regional Suppliers is reviewed and to monitor implementation of Global and Regional Cost saving initiatives. Minutes of these meetings must be produced with clear action points and responsibilities identified.
- Ensure Key Global Supplier Service and Performance Level Reviews are conducted on a regular basis (at least two times annually). These should be recorded and documented and any corrective actions rectified.
- Global responsibility for Mechanical Handling Equipment ( MHE ) Property Leases, and QSHE Services ( Third Party Lab Services, Factory Cleaning, Pest Control.
Qualifications / Experience:
Ideally a range of 8 – 14 years’ experience within the Manufacturing Sector – Preferably with a Global FMCG / Pharma Organization and an impressive track record of accomplishments and continuous improvements in Capital Procurement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly Numerate.
- Strong Complex Project Management Skills.
- An ability to understand technical detail and the skill to translate into common parlance.
- Adept at working with multi-cultural global teams based in various international time zones.
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and administrative skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and to integrate and work effectively with others in an ever-changing environment.
- Able to lead and create a positive creative atmosphere in negotiations using various negotiation techniques.
- Focused, results-oriented and able to challenge the status quo to achieve both the medium term to long-term KPI levels and implement the agreed strategies. “ Gets the job done”
- A strong passion for continuous learning and a desire to grow professionally and personally in a successful, growth orientated, multi-national organization.
Engineering Degree (preferred but not essential) and Procurement / Professional Qualification
- Requested: MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint. Nice to haves: Salesforce.com & SAP knowledge
- Proficient in English is a must, a second major language would be great
An international leader in global food ingredients and flavours markets and a leading branded consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected European markets. This company have annualised sales in excess of €6 billion and employ over 24,000 people globally.
The company supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Their consumer foods portfolio continues to expand and includes some of Ireland and the UK’s most recognised brands.
The company prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.