Senior Flavorist Sweet & Beverages
The Senior Flavorist will be part of the Sweet Flavors Europe Technical team creating unique ingredients
for the food & beverages industry. The preferred candidate will be self-motivated, questioning, and pay attention to details.
He/she will enjoy the challenge of working in a multi-discipline, cross-site technical team. With limited support
they will be able to take the lead to efficiently and successfully complete projects starting with creative
development on the bench through to pilot plant application trials and finally into the manufacturing
environment working closely with sales, applications and supply chain colleagues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES AS SENIOR FLAVORIST
- Creating new innovative flavor concepts which meet the customer expectations in terms of quality,
application and price. In doing so, being mindful of practicalities: adhering to formula guidelines to
minimize manufacturing and ingredient complexity, regulations, and scale-up procedures.
- Providing in-depth understanding of all flavor systems including Spray drying, washes and emulsions.
- Collaborating with the applications team responsible for the evaluation and validation of flavor
concepts in specific applications such as beverage, dairy, confectionary and bakery products.
- Matching competitor products quickly and to customer brief through raw material knowledge and
liaison with analytical chemistry team.
- Supporting the Operations team when there are quality issues with the raw materials, processing or
- Solving problems constantly. Being proactive by preventing issues and offering solutions. Having a
strategic mindset and actively seek out best practice and efficiencies.
- Influencing other departments in order to support the business pipeline.
- Providing cover for the Chief Flavourist where required. Potentially line management and certainly
mentoring more junior members of the team.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good people and communication skills, with written and oral English a must.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically within short time-frames.
- Capability to stay focused under pressure and translate results directly into new products which meet
our customer’s requirements.
- The ability to adapt to a constantly moving market.
- Problem solving and ability to drive projects to a conclusion by working through other teams
- A proven track record as a Flavourist.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or Food Science/Technology.
- At least 10 years Flavor creation experience in the food industry, preferably within the Sweet or Beverages
category as experienced or senior flavorist.
ABOUT SENSIENT FLAVORS
Sensient Flavors & Extracts Group develops, manufactures and distributes flavor and extracts that are found
in thousands of consumer products worldwide. The company’s specialty systems are essential components of
food and beverage, products. Sensient’s value-added flavors and extracts enable our customers to excel in
highly competitive global markets. The Flavors & Extracts Group is located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
ABOUT SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION
Sensient TechnologiesSensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other
specialty and fine chemicals. The Company’s customers include major international manufacturers
representing most of the world’s best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.