Job Title: Senior Bakery Applications Technologist m/f - Germany/DACH
You will lead the proactive development of integrated solutions which support the overall sustainable growth and profit development of Kerry business within the bakery market for the EMEA region.
To be seen as the Kerry “go–to” expert on customer needs in relation to finished products and processes and provide expertise in the application of Kerry technologies into customer products.
Work closely with the commercial team and support priority business initiatives to help deliver growth in key industrial bakery accounts by translating Kerry technology capability into industrial bakery sales.
- Responsible for linking consumer and customer insights into application solutions.
- Execute the agreed value proposition with growth and potential growth customers including training own bakery market, commercial and product technology teams as necessary.
- In collaboration with technology:
- a. Optimise existing technology into existing applications.
- b. Identify opportunities to extend the existing technologies into new applications.
- c. Identify and create solutions that lead to multiple technology sales.
- d. Identify and assess new technologies applicable in existing applications.
- e. Support both internal and external PIP.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of customer process technologies and application requirement
- Technical background with food science based degree or equivalent relevant professional experience and trade qualifications.
- Significant experience in bakery application/R&D/NPD roles.
- Significant experience in industrial bakery manufacturing/processing.
- Good knowledge of bakery products including Bread, Fermented goods, Yeast raised laminated products etc.
- Good knowledge of associated product categories such as process aids and functional ingredients (e.g. enzymes, emulsifiers).
- Good business and commercial understanding.
- Experience in customer interaction and customer driven technical support
- Ability to interface with other business functions, especially sales, R&D technologists, and senior management level within the business.
- Competent in IT applications relevant to role.
- Ability to independently plan and execute technical work programmes to deliver agreed strategic business plans and solutions
- Working knowledge of quality control in industrial bakery and bakery product NPD systems.
- Working knowledge of supply chain in industrial bakery.
- Working knowledge of bakery product NPD from concept, prototyping through to market expansion.
- Working knowledge of bakery industrial applications across multiple markets/geographies.
- TFully mobile to support sales focus and customer technical support across entire EMEA region.
- Self motivated.
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Good project management skills
- Good people skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines met.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Reports to: Head of Bakery Applications EMEA.
- Work Environment: Home-based, Kerry RDA Centres, Office, Customer Sites.
- Location: Can be home-based in Germany, Benelux, Holland / DACH region.
- Travel: 60 to 80% within DACH region.
- Languages: Fluent German and English.
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.