Job Title: Senior Application Specialist Convenience Foods, Snacks & Pet Food EMEA m/f
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com
Job location(s): Vilvoorde, Belgium
The Senior Application Specialist Convenience Foods/Culinary provides application support and expertise on Cargill’s ingredients in Convenience Foods Applications to the EMEA CVF cluster application team and to the regional Key customer-base, as well as to the regional and EMEA Tech service and sales organization.
- Clear contribution to the Applications Centre vision, mission and annual goals, including financial success of projects.
- Accountable to lead and deliver on key customer and Cargill core development projects, requests and related customer visits.
- To plan and perform Application work in Kitchen/lab/pilot plants on projects representing the core expertise.
- To promote and support the introduction launches of new products and applications in the relevant Culinary industry for the specific Group product lines
- This role will be strongly focused on the Cargill Texturizing Solutions to win in Convenience Food/Culinary.
- Travelling and visiting customers to understand the Jobs to be Done and to run trials and give presentations, train customer culinary chefs, creating new demands and opportunities, together with Technical Service and Sales teams.
- Responsible to write detailed, well structured, technical reports on the outcome of the practical work done.
- Will disseminate his/her core expertise into other categories as well: expertise in product lines, technologies, characterization tools…
- To work in multi-disciplinary teams with Associate Application Specialists and other Senior Application members and other functions (One Team mentality).
- Helps to identify together with the R&D Cluster manager cross-Bizz group opportunities, supporting the Bizz group’s product line strategies
- To keep his/her competence up-to-date and growing into even more depth of the knowledge/expertise in order to meet the demands placed upon him/her.
- Creates and manages Application documentation to share knowledge in Cargill.
- Works on external branding of Cargill’s capabilities and solutions into different Industry platforms and associations, seminars, exhibitions…
- To comply with Cargill rules on EHS (environment, health and safety) and food safety.
- Supports Cargill’s intellectual property strategy.
- Significant customer understanding and customer focus by applying JTDB (Jobs to be done).
- Customer facing experience.
- Relevant and profound experience in finished products, mainly in emulsified sauces, non-emulsified sauces and soups, batters and coatings, powdered creamers, encapsulation, ready meals, instant convenience foods mixes, infant and baby food, margarine and low fat spreads.
- Experience in Culinary end-products is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of technologies applied by customers to produce these finished products is key, emulsification, pasteurization / sterilization, spray drying, agglomeration, instantizing, crystallization.
- Strong knowledge on ingredients used in these finished products with main focus on starches, lecithin/emulsifiers, hydrocolloids, fibres, systems, proteins, sweeteners and fats & oils.
- Skilled Experience with profound project management.
- Experience in convenience foods industry as B2C or B2B, is a clear advantage.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Located globally, impacting locally
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries / regions who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.