Job Title: Senior Application Specialist Bakery & Cereals EMEA
As the Senior Application Specialist Bakery and Cereals EMEA, you provide application support and expertise on Cargill’s ingredients in Bakery goods and cereal Applications to the Confectionery, Bakery and Cereals cluster application team and to the regional Key customer-base, as well as to the regional and EMEA Tech service, sales organization and business development team.
Your activities range from providing key customer assistance in problem solving, re-formulation, identifying attractive new ingredient and new-end products possibilities/solutions, understanding the customers’ needs and Jobs to be Done’s in the Bakery & Cereals space and the Business group’s product line strategies, developing new product prototypes/concepts and also training/education.
You provide the know-how and capabilities to increase the comprehension of both technical and sales teams. You create demand for new opportunities in the market at the customer and bring this to commercialization. You report to the Application Cluster R&D Manager Confectionery, Bakery & Cereals. You are strongly focused on the Cargill Food ingredients in Starches, Sweeteners and Texture, edible oil solutions and cocoa, chocolate, compounds and fillings.
- You translate the benefits of Cargill ingredients to customer needs (JTBD) of the bakery industry – translating the customer JTBD into development requirements and use of existing or development of new ingredients in the product groups.
- You are accountable to lead and deliver on key customer and Cargill core development projects (NBD and NPSS), requests and related customer visits.
- You start up projects/request by being accountable for setting up the experimental work plan, execution, excellent interpretation and reporting.
- You promote and support the introduction launches of new products and applications in the relevant Bakery goods and Cereals industry for the specific Group product lines.
- You travel and visit customers to understand the Jobs to be Done and to run trials and give presentations, train customers, creating new demands and opportunities, together with Technical Service and Sales teams.
- You are actively involved in trainings, innovation days and exhibitions by presenting deep subject matter expertise and sharing knowledge.
- You are responsible to write detailed, well structured, technical reports on the outcome of the practical work done.
- You create and manage application documentation to share knowledge in Cargill.
- You follow-up daily activities and give technical expertise directions to the Associate Application Specialists, Application Specialists and a bakery chef.
- You work on the external branding of Cargill’s capabilities and solutions into different Industry platforms (Bakery & Cereals) and associations, seminars, exhibitions.
- Master/PhD degree in chemistry, food science/technology (in Bakery specific) or equivalent by experience
- Significant customer understanding and customer focus
- Customer facing experience and market insights
- Relevant and profound experience in finished products: focusing on biscuits and cookies, bread, pastries and ideally completed with a good insight in ambient pastries, sour doughs, rolls, cakes, cereals & cereal bars, cereal clusters, baked snacks, crackers, fillings, glazing and toppings in bakery goods
- Strong knowledge of technologies applied by customers to produce these finished products is key
- Strong knowledge on ingredients (and interaction of ingredients) used in these finished products
- Skilled Experience with profound project management.
- Skilled Experience in writing technical reports.
- Experience of at least 5-7 years in the Bakery industry as B2C or B2B.
- Fluent in English
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career.