grapefruteglobe Kerry Group
Job Title: Senior Account Manager Ingredients - Europe m/f
The role is additional headcount and can be home office based anywhere in Europe.
The accounts to look after are in Germany, France, Spain, UK, Holland, Switzerland and Belgium.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for a portfolio of customer accounts from the Food Ingredients Industry, as the “one face” of Kerry to the customer, and is therefore responsible for selling all relevant Kerry technologies and selected products into the designated account portfolio.
The Senior Account Manager will create sustainable profitability for Kerry through developing and executing a strategic plan based on a deep understanding of customer portfolio (i.e. selected target customer group from Mainland Europe). The successful candidate will manage customers to:
- Maintain and improve current levels of profitability of products sold currently into the selected customers.
- Identify appropriate new or growth opportunities into the customer, managed through salesforce.com reporting process.
- Manage a diverse account portfolio from the Food Ingredients Industry.
- Prospect and “close” new business opportunities through custom product and integrated solution selling to deliver profitable growth.
- Identify a portfolio of quality growth projects.
- Pro-actively defend current business.
- Develop strong strategic relationships within customers’ organisation including R&D, Marketing and Procurement and foster counterpart relationships within Kerry.
- Implement business pricing decisions.
- Comply with all relevant Kerry systems/processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in business development and selling in the Flavour / Food Industry is a must.
- Fluency in German is an advantage and a fluency in a second European language preferred.
- Sales / customer-facing RDA experience, where your technical capability has actively contributed to winning new business; ideally within the Food Ingredients Industry.
- Good working knowledge of food science and how it relates to product development and its commercialisation.
- Strong negotiating ability with clients to achieve successful outcomes for Kerry.
- Mobility and willingness to travel.
- Positive, driven, articulate and persuasive.
- Team player.
- Good head for numbers: understanding costs, margins, profit and delivering shareholder value.
- Strategic thinker and planner. Evidence of ability to clinically prioritise top important objectives and structure and deliver smart plans to achieve them.
- Demonstrated understanding of their market, consumer trends, key players and competitive landscape.
- High emotional intelligence and adaptability to different personality types to get the best from internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of the science and language around what we do: sensory / organoleptic, nutrition, labelling / legislation, manufacturing, RD&A processes, quality, etc.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of features, advantages and benefits of Kerry products and articulate Kerry’s unique value proposition to the customer.
- Excellent commercial skills around contract negotiations & closing skills.
- Ability to articulate clear and compelling messages from multiple sources of data and information to win business.
- Build alignment/relationships within and across regions, functions and businesses to achieve shared goals.
- Display a broad understanding and relationship with other technical functions including RDA and Regulatory as well as with Customer Care.
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.