We have a lot to tell you, so let’s start with the most important thing. Why is this the job for you?
- It’s a challenging sales job, working in an international team with a lot of autonomy and responsibility to expand our high-tech sales at our (new) customers
- You get a lot of opportunities to grow and further develop yourself within sales and/or within the High Tech Horticultural business
- Your job is more than sales, it’s about finding innovative ways to work together with your customers, to set up new projects and be a business partner for them and your colleagues
- You are close to the newest developments in high tech horticulture
- You get to work for and with innovative customers, who have a complex business
- You’ll work for a company that invests highly in research and development of new vegetable varieties
Are you still reading? Then we’re happy to provide you with more details.
In the role of Sales Specialist at Nunhems, you will drive our High-Tech Tomato business growth in The Netherlands. In this role, you visit our highly-valued customers, but there is also a focus on acquiring new clients. You will participate in a network, related to the latest developments and techniques in High Tech Horticulture. This means a lot of interactions in the high-tech market to be able to act as a business partner for our (new) customers. Your office can be located anywhere in the Netherlands.
Furthermore, you will be part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic ‘Global High Tech’ team of sales and marketing specialists, focusing on the High-Tech business of Tomato. You will be reporting directly to the Global Sales Manager High Tech.
You will join a team of highly dedicated ‘high-tech sales specialists’ who are working closely together to offer the best solutions to our clients. Your team is a lot of fun, very driven and it sometimes feels more like family than colleagues. Your team also consists indirectly of our ‘high-tech’ – Product Development Specialists and you will also interact with other high-tech crops, like cucumber and lettuce.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan, review, adapt and execute the annual sales plan for the crop in line with Marketing & Sales (M&S) strategy, to match the plan with the production plan and stock of seeds.
- Support the Sales Manager in the steering and peer-coaching of the Sales Specialists to achieve the sales targets for the crop in your assigned region.
- Introduce company, product to (potential) national and international customers in line with M&S strategy to inform and acquire customers.
- Formulate and negotiate with customers regarding annual contracts and concepts, within broader guidelines, in order to realize the short-term sales targets and the long term partnership relation.
- Steer the Customer Team to assure all aspects of the correct development of the projects being carried out with our strategic customers. You’ll be the most proactive link to always anticipate the critical path and avoid failure.
- Direct involvement in international or cross-border projects with customers is a part of your work.
- Provide market, price, and product information regarding the crop in the country to contribute to the formulation of the M&S plan in the international crop team.
- Report to management to inform about proceedings in sales and the consequences for the other departments.
- You have a bachelor degree in Agriculture.
- Previous sales experience within Tomato crop, that demonstrates a proven track record achieving business growth.
- Affinity with agriculture and knowledge of high tech greenhouse or crops is required to be successful in this role.
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both oral and written, is mandatory for this role.
- Sound interpersonal skills; ability to listen, to analyze customer needs and to build strong relations with different stakeholders.
- Social versatility and the ability to adapt to different cultures and social levels.
- High level of commercial skills to ‘get things done’ and close deals.
- Natural networker with a go-getting attitude to further grow the business and to expand current business relations.
- Team worker with the ability to work in a matrix organization and mentor colleagues in the sales activity.
About BASF Vegetable Seeds
With over 1,200 seed varieties in ~25 vegetable crops, Nunhems/BASF is a world-renowned brand in the hybrid seed industry. Our breeding programs can deliver innovative products which in turn help improve our customers’ business growth and profitability. We serve the vegetable produce industry and supply chain worldwide and are among the world’s four leading vegetable seed companies. But what sets us apart is that we focus as much on customers as on seeds.
BASF was the first company in vegetable seeds to replace country organizations by Crop Teams. Focusing on a single crop, these groups of experts are responsible for bringing together the company’s global resources for the benefit of local growers.
Interested in this job?
Are you the go-getter sales professional to further grow our high-tech business in the Tomato Crop?
Send us your cv and motivation letter by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.