At BASF Vegetable Seeds it is our ambition to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable by offering vegetable solutions that are in line with consumer demands. At the moment we are looking for a Sales Specialist to join our ambition!
We have a lot to tell you about this vacancy, so let’s start with the most important thing. Why is this the job for you as a Sales Specialist?
- It’s a challenging sales job, with an international aspect and a lot of autonomy and responsibility.
- You get a lot of opportunities to grow and further develop yourself.
- Your job is about more than sales, it’s also about finding innovative ways to work together with your customers, to set up new projects and be a business partner.
- You are passionate about the world of horticulture/agriculture.
- You get to work for innovative customers, being growers and processors.
- You’ll work for a company that invests highly in research and development of new vegetable varieties.
- You work in an international crop team.
Are you still reading? Then we’re happy to provide you with more details.
In the role of Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for our crop ‘Carrot’. You will be mainly on the road to see clients, which are growers and processors. There is also an international aspect to this position, with a travel percentage of approximately 30% to other countries. These may be Germany, Austria and Switzerland. This position can be home-based.
As Sales Specialist Carrot, your customers are mostly based in the regions mentioned above. You will follow the market evolutions (market intelligence, competition), run commercial trials with the main players in the market and demonstrate the value of our assortment. You will support your colleagues with your expertise. You will collect market information in the specified countries and assigned customers and pass it through to relevant crop responsible, to build up the necessary strategies, and support their actions in the market. You will also be responsible to follow order taking and money collection from your customers.
You will be reporting to the crop sales manager carrots. You will also work closely together with approximately 15 colleagues within the broader ‘Carrot team’ in Europe and all other sales specialists in Germany. You will join a team of highly dedicated specialists in a very international market who are working closely together to offer the best solutions to our clients. Your team is a lot of fun, very driven and it sometimes feels more like family than colleagues.
- Plan, review, adapt and execute the annual sales plan for the crop in the region.
- Support the Crop Sales Manager and Sales Specialists in other areas to achieve the sales targets for the crop in your assigned region.
- Introduce our company and products to (potential) national and international customers in line with M&S strategy to inform and acquire customers.
- Formulate and negotiate with customers regarding annual contracts and concepts, to realize the short-term sales targets and the long-term partnership relation.
- Steer our Customer Team to assure all aspects for the correct development of the projects being carried out.
- Direct involvement in international or cross-border projects with customers is a part of your work.
- Provide market, price, and product information regarding the crop in the country to contribute to the formulation of the M&S plan in the international crop team.
- Report to the management to inform them about proceedings in sales and the consequences for the other departments.
- Take care of the money collection in line with the financial policy and the payment terms to ensure sufficient cash flow.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in agriculture or an equivalent level in expertise.
- Previous work experience that demonstrates a proven track record achieving business growth.
- Affinity with agriculture and knowledge of field crops is required to be successful in this role.
- Fluency in German and English, both oral and written, is mandatory for this role.
- Sound interpersonal skills; ability to listen, to analyse customer needs and to build strong relations with different stakeholders.
- Social versatility and the ability to adapt to different cultures and social levels.
- High level of commercial and communication skills.
- A natural networker with a go-getting attitude to further grow the business and to expand current business relations.
- Team worker with the ability to work in a matrix organization and mentor colleagues in the sales activity.
What’s in it for you?
You will be working in a challenging and international working environment with enthusiastic, professional and passionate colleagues. We pay a lot of attention to personal development and career development. We offer a variable remuneration in addition to an attractive salary and excellent benefits. At BASF Vegetable Seeds you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. BASF employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including vacation allowance, smartphone and expense allowances;
- Good pension plan and collective health insurance.
- Bonus and year-end premium payments;
- Days off according to the collective labour agreement;
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues;
- A successful innovative organization;
- International career possibilities;
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop;
- Company car.
About BASF Vegetable Seeds
With over 1,200 seed varieties in ~25 vegetable crops, Nunhems/BASF is a world-renowned brand in the hybrid seed industry. Our breeding programs can deliver innovative products which in turn help improve our customers’ business growth and profitability. We serve the vegetable produce industry and supply chain worldwide and are among the world’s four leading vegetable seed companies. But what sets us apart is that we focus as much on customers as on seeds.
BASF was the first company in vegetable seeds to replace country organizations by Crop Teams. Focusing on a single crop, these groups of experts are responsible for bringing together the company’s global resources for the benefit of local growers.
Interested in this job?
Are you the go-getter to further grow our Crop Business in Carrot? Are you curious about the job, and do you want to know more about why it’s so great or what are the biggest challenges in your role? If you have any questions about the position and procedure, please contact Grapefrute, +31 475 770 777.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.