Job Title: Research Scientist Feed Ingredients
As the Research Scientist Feed Ingredients you are responsible for the development and optimization of products and processes as technical lead and hands-on contributor in Research and Development projects. You actively participate in laboratory, pilot and production scale trials, performing the necessary analytical work. You are also accountable for the translation of customer needs into new product opportunities, including the development of processes to make them.
- You perform practical technical work on lab, pilot and industrial scale to support the product line, by evaluating the competitors’ products and defining technical solutions for product amendments;
- You participate in innovation by evaluating new technologies and developing new products;
- You produce prototypes for applications studies and for customer evaluation;
- You scale up production recipes from lab to plant scale and provide necessary support during plant trials;
- You define process conditions and product specifications for new products or product amendments and provide access to this information in the appropriate databases;
- You interpret and report data from trials as required;
- You lead small size projects as project manager and/or technical lead, or participates as technical lead or as technical contributor in multi-functional project teams;
- You evaluate ideas on economic and technical feasibility and present ideas to the Project Portfolio Review. Team.
- Master in Engineering or Chemistry with relevant education in Feed-, Aqua- or Food-Processing and/or Formulation
- More than 3 years of experience in product and process development with recognized and specialized know-how in the aforementioned industries
- Practical experience in implementing newly developed products and processes into an industrial environment
- Relevant experience and knowledge in feed – (including pet and aqua) or food-processing including extrusion technology
- Experience in the domain of proteins
- Practical experience in the basic processes applied for the production of feed, particularly pet food and aqua or relevant food processes
- Accuracy, attention to detail and critical mind set.
- Ability to plan and prioritize the different tasks, with strong drive for business relevant results.
- Team player
- Good reporting skills both written and verbal
- Fluent in English
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people.
We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.