Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
As the Supply Chain Manager, you are responsible for the supply chain employees and processes in the chocolate production facilities in Mouscron and Antwerp. You lead, advice and make decisions on all major supply chain activities with a medium-term outlook. These activities include supply chain operations, process development, planning and sourcing execution, customer delivery and client interaction/business partnership, systems/data management and reporting, and people management/coaching.
- You lead the local execution teams of 2 production sites covering employees working in logistics, short term planning and sourcing execution.
- You coach and develop team – succession planning.
- You are responsible for the organization of the teams, having the right people in the right position, ensuring continuity in case of absences, pro-active holiday planning.
- You take the lead in the recruitment process for vacancies in the local supply chain teams.
- You have regular performance reviews and support the development of each team member.
- You are highly involved in capacity management.
- You handle escalated issues with carriers, suppliers and warehouses.
- You prepare supply chain reviews for customer meetings.
- You own supply chain KPI’s and take necessary actions to further improve.
- You ensure efficient communication with key local stakeholders (sales, production, QA, finance) and external stakeholders (warehouses, carriers, suppliers,…) on supply chain topics.
- You own the customer complaints management, follow up and improvement.
- You initiate and lead improvement projects related to local supply chain topics.
- You take part in European supply chain projects and initiatives and actively supports the process alignment of the different production plants within the European Chocolate business.
- Master degree (or equal level obtained by experience).
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of relevant working experience – supply chain manager.
- Experience in managing projects.
- People manager and motivator.
- An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work collaboratively.
- Hands-on problem solver.
- Process and task-oriented.
- Ability to perform under time pressure.
- Strives for self and team success daily.
- Good influential skills.
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English.
In return for your expertise and commitment, Cargill will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. Cargill also offers competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.