We are looking for a new colleague to join the BASF Product Development team for Pepper based in Almería (Spain): Regional Product Development Specialist Pepper.
You will be responsible for the development of varieties and growing concepts, making data-based elevation proposals for the assigned region (South-West EMEA: Spain, Italy, Israel, Morocco) and ensure successful introductions.
For the implementation of these successful introductions you will be cooperating with the Global Product Development Specialist and with the Crop Team. By understanding thoroughly, the markets in the region and their evolution and trends, you will contribute to the development and implementation of the crop strategy, in cooperation with R&D, the Trial team and the Sales team.
- Understand and communicate the crop vision and strategy to the Regional Team.
- Actively collect info, including competitor info, and understand well the markets, trends and their evolution and connect it to needed traits.
- The RPDS needs to be able to orient the breeding program for the region. By collaborating with the GPDS and with the breeders you provide clarity to R&D on the objectives to pursue.
- The RPDS is responsible for an efficient implementation of Product Development processes;
- Focus on efficient trial design and complete implementation of the Regional Trial Plan.
- Coordinating and arranging seed production for trial varieties, ensure delivery in quantity and timing.
- Prepare, coordinate and execute all the procedures in the elevation process.
- Analyze, process and deliver the Trial Data and draw conclusions on variety and seed treatments performance.
- In coordination with trial team, ensure that all trials are done properly in accordance with compliance regulations.
- Based on good experimental design, quality data, sound analysis and collaboration with the Crop Team you ensure technically solid elevation proposals and growing concepts.
- Initiate and propose variety registration for plant breeder rights and promising trial varieties, to protect the Nunhems/BASF crops interest.
To be successful in this strategic international function, the RPDS needs to liaise with and train the Trial Specialists in the execution of trial plan, protocols and variety assessment. By doing this, you motivate them towards professionalism and teamwork, making them feel part of Product Development team.
Furthermore, the RPDS also needs to support the sales team by means of advice and training for the introduction of new Varieties and Concepts in the market and with Customers. You supply variety information and data to Sales Specialists. You are very engaged in the introduction strategies, making and supporting Growing Concepts, when needed.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor or master degree in agriculture and a good Product Development knowledge of Vegetable Seeds.
- Experience with the Crop Pepper is an asset.
- Solid understanding of Product Development process, plant behavior, agronomic technology and genetics.
- You show desire for excellence in process and ability to organize it.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data, understanding of statistical significance and ability to use calculations and spreadsheets.
- Versatile communicator and team player.
- You actively seek to involve others and engage them in positive discussions.
- You use always the strength of the team. More-over you have the ability to convince and generate trust. Be clear and solid in the technical part of elevations.
- Approach supporting customers on the technical part in collaboration with the Sales Specialist.
- Your work must lead to action to improve the business.
- You have a desire for excellence in process and the ability to organize it.
- Actively engage in discussing the marketing and commercial strategies, seeking to gain market position keeping a tactical (3 to 5 years) Product Development perspective.
What BASF Vegetable Seeds offers you?
At BASF Vegetable Seeds, you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. BASF employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including vacation allowance, smart-phone and expense allowances; performance bonus and year end premium;
an inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues.
- A successful innovative organization.
- International career possibilities.
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop.
About BASF Vegetable Seeds
With over 1,200 seed varieties in ~25 vegetable crops, Nunhems/BASF is a world-renowned brand in the hybrid seed industry. Our breeding programs can deliver innovative products which in turn help improve our customers’ business growth and profitability. We serve the vegetable produce industry and supply chain worldwide and are among the world’s four leading vegetable seed companies. But what sets us apart is that we focus as much on customers as on seeds.
BASF was the first company in vegetable seeds to replace country organizations by Crop Teams. Focusing on a single crop, these groups of experts are responsible for bringing together the company’s global resources for the benefit of local growers.
Interested in this job?
If you recognize yourself in the above-mentioned description and you are the candidate who drives innovation, understands the markets of vegetable seeds and the breeding processes within R&D, then we invite you to apply for this challenging international position in which you
must travel frequently (35%).
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.