grapefruteglobe Kerry Foods Group
Job Title: RD&A Technologist - Confectionery Sauces - foodservice m/f
The German Foodservice market is valued at € 94bn and is growing at a rate of 2 % CAGR to 2020.
Kerry Food Service Europe are committed to grow the business to €17 m by 2022, whereby the strategic focus is on beverage systems into channels such as coffee shops & chains, travel and bakeries, Leisure FSR & QSR, Sports & Events, Vending, Contract Catering and Premium Patisseries.
Reporting to the RD&A Manager Sweet and Cereal, you will support in the management and delivery of all Confectionery sauces projects. You will be part of the project team and co-ordinate feasibility and scale up trials on site working closely with the RD&A Manager.
- Work with RD&A to ensure that raw materials are available for the new product trials.
- Help co-ordinate new product trials on the factory productions lines, linking with the R&D Project Leader, Supply Chain, Quality and Production.
- Work with RD&A Project Leader for speciality or new raw materials to ensure compatibility to plant/process.
- Support and supervise if necessary the feasibility trial together with the R&D Project Leader and be part of the sign off team when a product’s feasibility is approved.
- Support RD&A for the first three productions of a new product introduction and be part of the team when the product is handed over to Quality.
- Provide site based training on products and processes to newer members of the team.
- Works closely with other functions such to develop integrated and innovative solutions and also to resolve problems
- Works closely with internal and external customers and suppliers to develop innovative solutions and resolve technical problems.
- Interacts and troubleshoots with customers on key developments and applications leading to the formation of strong technical relationships with peers at key accounts
- Assists Customers/Sales with any technical issues that may arise.
- Participates in designated RD&A projects and ensures appropriate documentation of experimental trials and outcomes to facilitate scale up and product transfer to manufacturing.
- Ensures that good laboratory practices and lab protocols are being utilised.
- Documents all research notes in computer databases and records and disseminates key learnings.
- Manages Key projects through Salesforce.com and SAP.
- Establish current process templates by production line, by technology, product group, major group and minor group.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of BSc in Food Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 3 year’s experience in food technology.
- Experience in Confectionery sauces, syrups, fruit preparations, desserts, etc. desirable.
- Fluency in both German and English required.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent Communication Skills and Knowledge sharing ability.
- Working knowledge of Quality Control and Supply Chain.
- Excellent Innovation and Creative skills to develop and create competitive advantage for Kerry.
- Drive and Determination to overcome challenges and develop timely solution.
- Some travel required – 20% / Europe.
Kerry Group is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
Global headquarters are located in Naas 30 km southwest of Dublin in County Kildare / Ireland.