Job Title: RD&A Senior Scientist/Technologist - Stocks & Bouillons m/f
Our vision at Kerry and within R&D is to be the leader in taste and nutrition for the global food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries – creating sustainable value for our customers, employees, environment, community and shareholders.
When you partner with Kerry, you are working with the world’s premier research, development and applications team. Excellence in taste and nutrition innovation is at the heart of our mission.
This role is based in our Global Innovation Centre in Naas, Ireland and is part of the RD&A Savoury Taste team (Stocks & Bouillons).
Your Key accountabilities will include:
- Conduct basic research for the improvement of existing products and the development of new products, outlining procedures and specifications.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding for how materials and processing conditions influence taste delivery in meat based soup, stocks and sauces.
- Understand key commercial requirements of ingredient industry. Keeps up to date on best practice requirements.
- Be responsible for product development from initiation to launch.
- Confer with process engineers, flavour experts, sales staff, suppliers, customers and packaging and marketing specialists to resolve problems.
- Develop food system formulations and related applications stability performance through demonstrated understanding of food formulation and chemical interactions.
- Oversee sensory testing and application screening to support new solutions and sales.
- Interact and troubleshoots with customers on application concerns. Foster relationships with peers at key accounts, building the image of the company as a leader in its field. Develop application knowledge within assigned food categories and becomes recognized as a solutions partner by food product developers. Assist customers with technical issues that may arise.
- Participate in designated RD&A projects. Ensure appropriate documentation of experimental trials and outcomes to facilitate scale up and product transfer to manufacturing.
- Build further scientific knowledge through interactions with RD&A managers and directors and/or academic experts, literature reviews, regulatory monitoring, and application studies.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, scientific meetings and short courses as necessary, making credible presentations to educate customers, students and industry contacts.
- Actively participate and drive quality improvement for the function.
- Ensure that good laboratory practices and lab protocols are being met globally.
- Evolve record documentation and methodology into appropriate database. Maintain the calibration of laboratory instruments, proper calibration records and laboratory supply stock.
- Document all research notes in lab books and computer databases.
- Maintain laboratory, including upkeep of equipment, stocking of supplies and general cleaning of work areas.
- Have the ability to advance many projects simultaneously. Prioritise projects and deliver successfully many under strict timelines.
- Have advanced project planning skills and create detailed project plans at the outset of a project and follow plans through all steps to success.
- Have advanced troubleshooting skills. Surmount roadblocks by analysing situations and applying scientific principles. Use experience in the field to put previous learning in place in new situations.
- Establish strong relationships with selected academic researchers and universities to strengthen the use of application abilities and pilot plant capabilities to strengthen the company as a leader. Leverage relationships to identify potential new hires and/or resources that may be valuable to the company.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to a team of scientists. Lead and guides team members
- Food Science Degree.
- Solid background in meat chemistry.
- Detailed understanding for how materials and processing conditions influence taste delivery in meat based soup, stocks and sauces.
- At least 5 years relevant experience.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to present technical findings.
- Have the ability to develop and implement projects.
- Strong self-management and leadership skills.
- Have the ability to mentor and develop talent
About our Global Technology & Innovation Centre
This role will be located at our state of the art Global Technology & Innovation Centre in Naas (which is 40 mins south of Dublin Airport). This facility has been designed to bring together all our capabilities and technologies in one location.
The Centre offers our customers a truly unique relationship experience, working closely with our industry experts in the optimum environment allows them to see first hand the technologies, innovation and value that we can offer them and their business. This in turn allows customers to develop the unique and innovative products they want, that can be delivered quickly to market and can differentiate their brand in the market place. The Centre facilitates our customers and employees expertise in a way that makes it easy to collaborate and deliver innovative, integrated solutions.
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.