Job Title: RD&A Senior Scientist Emulsifiers m/f
Kerry’s emulsifiers are designed to improve processing characteristics and enhance appetite, appeal and sensory qualities of product from bread, doughnuts and cake to margarine, pudding and chocolate.
Your day to day responsibilities
- The emulsifier scientist focusses on the development of new emulsifiers by a strong chemical understanding of the food esters, particularly.
- Oversees projects from customer or internal brief through to hand over to site at scale up phase.
- Prepares project plan, executes lab experiments, evaluates the executed work and writes clear reports.
- Conducts detailed research for the improvement of existing products. Keeps up to date on key scientific developments (literature, patents…)
- Works closely with application and site team to develop innovative solutions and resolves technical problems.
- Focusses on the market requirement and food application knowledge to develop suitable technological solutions.
- Ensures that good laboratory practices and lab protocols are being utilized.
- Documents all research notes in computer databases and records and disseminates key learnings.
Your qualifications and experience will include…
- Bsc, Master or PhD in Chemistry or Food Technology.
- Solid understanding of Organic Chemistry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in field (Oleo-chemistry would be a plus)
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent English with additional European language a definite advantage.
- Proficiency in Office is a must, experience with ERP and CRM systems would be a plus.
Your competencies will demonstrate…
- Structured performer.
- Ability to combine short term actions with longer term technology capability development.
- Enthusiasm, pro-activeness and willing to take ownership.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative, hands-on and pragmatic.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of teams.
- Leadership skills.
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.
Kerry is responding to consumer demand for real ingredients with better, more authentic and nutritious taste experiences. Kerry has a renewed focus on Taste & Nutrition where the science of taste merges with the science of nutrition. We combine our deep understanding of taste with our in-depth knowledge of people, culture, life stage and daily nutritional needs. By partnering with Kerry, customers are taken on a journey to make food, beverage and pharma products that people enjoy and feel better about.
We call this Leading to Better.