Job Title: RD&A Manager Beverage Systems m/f
Total support for beverage challenges
As demand increases to provide consumers with delicious and experiential beverages, we’re creating effective product solutions that bring innovation and convenience together.
Our systems for hot, cold and frozen beverages are offered as branded or customised solutions in liquid or dry format, depending on the final product application and the needs of the customer.
Kerry’s scale means we can provide ways to reduce complexity for our customers by combining technologies and reducing supply chain or manufacturing difficulties.
We offer insights and solutions across a range of markets such as food service, vending and retail; in response to different consumer needs such as indulgence, health and refreshment and within a multitude of product categories such as coffee, chocolate, smoothies and dairy.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of RD&A, Beverage Systems, you will be responsible for project management and application leadership relating to Beverage systems within the EMEA region. You will work in parallel to the business objectives, strategies and plans of the beverage systems business. You will manage the application and development of new and reformulated products within the RD&A Function of Beverage Systems, EMEA.
The role requires strong practical technical skills and project management skills. The successful candidate needs to be a team player with good influencing and decision making skills – and be highly motivated to succeed.
- Manage, provide leadership and transfer technical expertise to the applications team
- Work directly with the team in the lab and pilot plant, and support scale up trials at Kerry manufacturing locations.
- Manage a product development process.
- Manage a portfolio of development opportunities and Coordinate daily development work.
- Work with support functions such as market, sensory, analytical, operations and manufacturing as required.
- Interact with the beverage systems sales team and support the customer, whilst maintaining awareness of commercial implications.
- Oversee and encourage constructive interaction with relevant Kerry technologies.
- Strive to meet predefined Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets. Take action where necessary to ensure target achievement.
- Keep up-to-date on best practice and competitor benchmarking on product development within the product group to ensure Kerry’s leadership position. Identify and share best practices throughout the function to increase innovation and ensure compliance. Investigate new technologies / new developments and develop new concepts.
- Have a weekly updated knowledge of the beverage systems salesforce pipeline – and stage of the key projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science. MSc preferred, PhD in a relevant discipline would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the Beverage industry.
- Familiarity with taking a product from concept to commercialisation.
- Have a proven track record in beverage development.
- Have good overall flavour and ingredient knowledge relevant to beverage.
- Strong knowledge of pilot processing and manufacturing experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of wet finished beverage and Dairy UHT processes.
- Have good knowledge of dry beverage systems and processes.
- Knowledge and interest in the operations of QSR – Quick service restaurants and Coffee chains.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities – with strong focus on rigorous execution.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- MS Office skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience in NPI and project management systems such as SFDC, MDM and Optiva, KDM or similar.
- Mobility / travel is 30%.
This position is based in the Global Technology & Innovation Centre in Naas, Co Kildare, Ireland. Relocation is supported.
About Kerry’s Global Technology & Innovation Centre
Naas is home to Kerry EMEA’s Global Technology & Innovation Centre. This state of the art facility has been designed to bring together all our capabilities and technologies in one location. The Centre offers our customers a truly unique relationship experience, working closely with our industry experts in the optimum environment allows them to see firsthand the technologies, innovation and value that we can offer them and their business. This in turn allows customers to develop the unique and innovative products they want, that can be delivered quickly to market and can differentiate their brand in the market place. The Centre facilitates our customers and employees expertise in a way that makes it easy to collaborate and deliver innovative, integrated solutions.
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.
Kerry is responding to consumer demand for real ingredients with better, more authentic and nutritious taste experiences. Kerry has a renewed focus on Taste & Nutrition where the science of taste merges with the science of nutrition. We combine our deep understanding of taste with our in-depth knowledge of people, culture, life stage and daily nutritional needs. By partnering with Kerry, customers are taken on a journey to make food, beverage and pharma products that people enjoy and feel better about.
We call this Leading to Better.