JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety Quality Specialist II is responsible for providing specialized knowledge of specific segments of our quality systems and/or plant processes such as food safety and quality auditing, instrumentation, specific product line knowledge, computer systems, management and/or oversight of suppliers and other needed focus areas. You will be involved in the preparation and participation of customer audits. You will work together with internal and external teams to address customer requirements and concerns, as well as collaborate on audits.
- Conducts verification and/or maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality Systems, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure, prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product.
- Collaborates with operations on the initiation of corrective action and preventative measures when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions.
- Leads food safety-focused audits (Corporate Food Safety, British Retail Consortium, customer, regulatory).
- Acts as a Food Safety Team leader by coordinating and leading Food Safety Team and overseeing the food safety management system and management review.
- Manages food safety management system compliance to appropriate government regulations.
- Investigates and follow up on food safety incidents that occur in the plant to ensure they are reported and that corrective action and permanent corrections are taken.
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Office experience.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Work experience in the food industry.
- Knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards.
- Food Safety System Certification 22000.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Experience working with SAP or similar ERP.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.