Are you ready for the next step in your career?
Are you ready for a (literally!) fresh start to your career? Our colleagues at the Process & Technology department are ready to work with you to ensure that everyone can enjoy our delicious freshmakers and sweets every day. We are looking for a QA/QC Manager in Weert.
This is where we need you!
The QA/QC Manager is accountable for food safety and quality compliance of the factory in Weert, where the famous Fruittella sweets are produced.
As QA/QC Manager, your mission will be to ensure compliance of products delivered to the market regarding food quality, food safety, food defence, food fraud and legal aspects. The purpose of this position is to implement, maintain and monitor quality and food safety systems in accordance with Group Quality Policies, applicable standards (i.e. ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, IFS and GMP Feed) and regulations across PVM BLX.
The QA/QC Manager will support and coach his/her team, develop talent and skills by providing a safe environment where employees feel free to speak up and address issues.
Your core tasks in a nutshell
- Manage and deliver compliance to quality and food safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Review and monitor quality KPI’s and quality deviations;
- Update and improve quality plans based on the outcome of audits, trend analysis and management review;
- Consult with quality management on decisions to ensure alignment and agreement;
- Create and improve a quality culture within the relevant location;
- Identify investment needs to improve quality and food safety;
- In case of inspections by public authorities (such as NVWA, AID, etc.) you accompany the authorities;
- Build a strong team that applies their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
We are looking for
- Higher education (HAS, HLO, Food Technology/Science, Nutrition or comparable); Bachelor or Master degree;
- At least 3 years in a managerial position in quality assurance, quality management and/or Food Safety in FMCG (food, beverages or pharma);
- A candidate with People Management skills;
- Deep knowledge of quality assurance standards (i.e. ISO 9001, FSSC 22000), quality management tools (QMS, risk assessments, KPI management) and ERP systems;
- Experience in Lean 6 sigma, project management, product development is beneficial.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
The ingredients of Perfetti Van Melle, does it include your taste?
You will work in the third largest confectionery group in the world – and second in Europe. But we want to continue to grow and become the best at making candy, where we can use all the help of our colleagues!
We see our employees as the most important ingredient and therefore we have something for everyone:
- Empowering: Everyone has every opportunity to develop and make a difference. For example, we have a huge range of (tailor-made) training courses.
- Fun: Who doesn’t actually dream of working at a candy factory? We would also like to maintain our family atmosphere because that makes us unique and has brought us to where we are today. We do everything to make you feel at home with us, such as an annual beach volleyball and hockey tournament. But also an annual CSR day to be committed to the community.
- Innovation: We must respond to the ongoing social debate on sugar and health, but also to deal with issues such as environmental pollution, packaging and food safety. Enough challenges!
- Dynamic: It may sound cliché, but with branches in more than 30 countries, we are a dynamic and vibrant organization.
Are you interested?
Are you starting to feel like it and are you taking your QA/QC team to a higher level? Then we would like to meet you! Let us hear from you via the “apply” button and we will be happy to discuss the role with you.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.