Job Title: Project Engineering Manager
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to support for a multi-million investment at our Glamsbjerg location and you will be reporting to the Plant Manager , this role will be responsible for the overall leadership, control and reporting of the business engineering programme (as defined), including feasibility, design, implementation and resourcing of projects, as well as procurement and vendor and services selection for a multi-million investment at our Glamsbjerg location.
- Lead and manage multiple capital projects from inception through completion, developing detailed objectives and standards to meet project deadlines and deliverables, and ensuring that all budgetary guidelines are met:
- Develop and document facilities/equipment specifications and utility requirements;
- Work closely with wider design team to ensure all business requirements are addressed;
- Determine facility and equipment layouts;
- Risk identification and resolution; opportunity and issues identification throughout the project life-cycle;
- Manage project related installation/construction/commissioning activities at sites to ensure local site, national and European standards around Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Operations & Maintenance are met; and
- Develop and manage project budgets as required.
- Support development of business manufacturing / engineering strategy.
- Sourcing and management of suitable suppliers, and contractors efficiently and cost effectively.
- Input into the agreement and negotiation of future contracts
- Liaise with key stakeholders, both within the business and wider group
- Ensuring that all projects are run in accordance with KDM (Kerry Delivery Method – Kerry’s project management methodology)
- Ensuring governance and methodologies are adhered to.
- Drive cross project knowledge on equipment/processes and responsible for best practice sharing and standardisation within and across businesses and region.
- You will be involved in multiple projects, so do expect some travel with this role.
- Responsible for design, project management and delivery of significant capital project;
- Support solutions in process and technology risk management;
- Reviews, redlines and updates Process and Product Flow Diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and specification for the installation of equipment to support the manufacturer of new products or to improve existing products and processes;
- Completes equipment design and specification and supports procurement in the tendering process;
- Support procurement in activities to standardise equipment, vendors to reduce overall capital expenditure;
- Ensure effective communication between engineering, manufacturing, quality, ops control, RD&A and other stakeholders in project delivery
Ideal Candidates will have the following background:
- Minimum Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, MSc would be desirable
- Experienced Project Manager (engineer/engineering manager) in a food or food ingredients manufacturing environment or chemical or pharmaceutical or feed industry.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to influence & persuade all stakeholders to ensure project success.
- Experience of leading both internal and external contractors would be advantageous.
- Experience of the design and specification for facilities, equipment and processes
- Knowledge of ISO Design & Drafting Standards within a design & manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of EC Directives relating to equipment and plant operations and safety
- Experience of main IT packages in use such as Word/Excel/MS Project/ACAD/SAP
- Budget management including feasibility and delivery
- English language skills (Danish is not essential).
- Strong Project Management skills
- Team building and motivational
- Strong communication skills with presentation abilities
- Effective risk and issue management
- Detailed and analytical in approach
- Cost planning and control
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Manages own time to good effect
- Motivated and willingness to commit self to challenging objectives
Kerry is a world leader in taste and nutrition systems serving the food and beverage industry, and a leading supplier of added value brands and customer branded foods to the Irish and UK markets. We have annualised sales in excess of €6 billion and employ over 23,000 people globally. Founded in 1972 in Listowel, Co. Kerry, the Group has grown organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions and has succeeded in achieving sustained profitability.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide.
We have established manufacturing facilities in 24 different countries and international sales offices in 20 other countries across the globe. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.
Being a truly global company, our employees have opportunities to develop their careers in a global environment, with training, career development and international opportunities across the Kerry world.