grapefruteglobe Kerry Group
Job Title: Project / Process Engineer (Dry Mixing) UK
An excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer to support the Engineering team within the Kerry Group. Reporting to the Project Lead for EMEA, the Project Engineer is responsible for the scoping, planning and executing of specific projects within the Engineering program.
- Lead and manage multiple capital projects from inception through completion, developing detailed objectives and standards to meet project deadlines & deliverables, and ensuring that all budgetary guidelines are met
- Detailed user group interaction to define requirements and develop solutions
- Develop/document equipment specifications and utility requirements
- Work closely with wider design team to ensure all business requirements are addressed
- Determine facility and equipment layouts
- Risk identification and resolution; opportunity & issues identification throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage project related installation/construction/commissioning activities at sites to ensure local site, national and European standards around Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Operations & Maintenance are met.
- Develop and manage project budgets as required
- Ownership of engineering solutions – detailed interaction with suppliers, manufacturers, consultants and contractors to ensure a complete solution addressing factory and business needs.
- Support development of regional manufacturing engineering strategy
- Sourcing and management of suitable suppliers, and contractors efficiently and cost effectively.
- Input into the agreement & negotiation of future contracts.
- Management of transformational process developments
- Implementation of KDM including tracking and reporting on all project activity
- Drive cross project knowledge on equipment/processes and responsible for best practice sharing and standardisation across clusters and in region
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the manufacturing engineering team.
- Preparation, development and socialising of best practice standards for use by EMEA based facilities and central engineering project engineers.
- Minimum Degree in Process / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, MSc would be desirable
- 5 years plus experience in a food manufacturing environment with Dry Mixing Experience is essential
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience of the design and specification for facilities, equipment and processes
- Knowledge of ISO Design & Drafting Standards within a design & manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of EC Directives relating to equipment and plant operations and safety
- Experience of main IT packages in use such as Word/Excel/MS Project/ACAD/SAP
- Budget management including feasibility and delivery
- Experience in the implementation of project management methodologies to complex projects
- Strong Project Engineering and Management skills
- Team Building and Motivational
- Strong communication skills with presentation abilities
- Project planning and tracking
- Gathering complete user requirements
- Risk Management
- Detailed and analytical in approach
- Cost planning and control
- Negotiation skills
- Manages own time to good effect
- Willingness to commit self to challenging objectives
- Good analytical and problem solving approach
- Ability to work autonomously
Kerry is responding to consumer demand for real ingredients with better, more authentic and nutritious taste experiences. With 40 years’ experience and 24,000 staff on six continents, Kerry has a renewed focus on Taste & Nutrition where the science of taste merges with the science of nutrition. We combine our deep understanding of taste with our in-depth knowledge of people, culture, life stage and daily nutritional needs. By partnering with Kerry, customers are taken on a journey to make food, beverage and pharma products that people enjoy and feel better about. We call this Leading to Better.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.