grapefruteglobe Kerry Group
Job Title: Project Engineer Powder Handling Systems
An excellent opportunity for an Engineer with a proven track record in delivering powder processing systems to support the Engineering team within the Kerry Group. Reporting to the Project Lead for EMEA, the Powder Handling Engineer is responsible for the scoping, planning and executing of specific projects within the Engineering program.
Up to 50% travel required to any of the 33 Kerry sites in Europe (travel intensity can vary per project phase.)
* Demonstrates leadership in the area of safety. Ensures all activities associated with any project exceed the appropriate health and safety standards.
* Responsible for ensuring that all designs meet Kerry standards, requirements and policies and that these are implemented and adhered to.
* Ownership of engineering solutions – detailed interaction with stakeholders, suppliers, manufacturers, consultants and contractors to ensure a complete solution addressing factory and business needs.
* Manage or participate in multiple capital projects from inception through completion, developing detailed objectives and standards to meet project deadlines & deliverables, and ensuring that all budgetary guidelines are met.
o Detailed user group interaction to define requirements and develop solutions
o Develop/document equipment specifications and utility requirements
o Work closely with wider design team to ensure all business requirements are addressed
o Determine facility and equipment layouts
o Risk identification and resolution; opportunity & issues identification throughout the project lifecycle
o Manage project related installation/construction/commissioning activities at sites to ensure local site, national and European standards around Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Operations & Maintenance are met.
o Develop and manage project budgets as required
* Sourcing and management of suitable suppliers and contractors efficiently and cost effectively.
* All projects will be managed and controlled from inception through to completion utilising the “KDM” methodology and tools standard.
* Drive cross project knowledge on equipment/processes and responsible for best practice sharing and standardisation across clusters and in region
* Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the manufacturing engineering team.
* Minimum Degree in Process / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, MSc would be desirable
* 5 years plus experience in a food manufacturing environment with Dry Mixing /Powder Handling Experience is essential
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Experience of the design and specification for facilities, equipment and processes
* Experience in food safety and hygienic design
* Knowledge of ISO Design & Drafting Standards within a design & manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of EC Directives relating to equipment and plant operations and safety
* Experience of main IT packages in use such as Word/Excel/MS Project/ACAD/SAP
* Budget management including feasibility and delivery
* Resource with 5 years or more engineering experience in dry material handling systems in a project environment
* Fundamental knowledge of Dry/Wet systems
* Proven experience in design, specification and evaluation of dry material handling systems such as powder transport, unloading, blending, and packaging, as well as environmental and safety aspect related to these technologies.
* Proven experience in the execution of powder handling systems including commissioning
* Proven experience in root cause analysis, optimization and upgrading of dry handling systems
* Strong Project Engineering skills
* Team player
* Strong communication skills with presentation abilities
* Gathering complete user requirements
* Risk Management
* Detailed and analytical in approach
* Cost planning and control
* Manages own time to good effect
* Willingness to commit self to challenging objectives* Good analytical and problem solving approach
* Ability to work autonomously
Kerry is responding to consumer demand for real ingredients with better, more authentic and nutritious taste experiences. With 40 years’ experience and 24,000 staff on six continents, Kerry has a renewed focus on Taste & Nutrition where the science of taste merges with the science of nutrition. We combine our deep understanding of taste with our in-depth knowledge of people, culture, life stage and daily nutritional needs. By partnering with Kerry, customers are taken on a journey to make food, beverage and pharma products that people enjoy and feel better about. We call this Leading to Better.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.