grapefruteglobe An international Food Manufacturing company
Job Title: Project Engineer Fluid Handling or Powder Handling
An excellent opportunity for an Engineer with experience in delivering projects for the food and beverage industry to support the Engineering team within the Company. Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer for EMEA, the Project Engineer is responsible for the scoping, planning and executing of specific projects within the Engineering program.
This role is based in Ireland. This position will require travel to different sites and suppliers in Europe as needed. (travel intensity can vary per project phase.)
- Demonstrates leadership in the area of safety. Ensures all activities associated with any project exceed the appropriate health and safety standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that all designs meet our standards, requirements and policies and that these are implemented and adhered to.
- Ownership of engineering solutions – detailed interaction with stakeholders, suppliers, manufacturers, consultants and contractors to ensure a complete solution addressing factory and business needs.
- Manage or participate in multiple capital projects from inception through completion, developing detailed objectives and standards to meet project deadlines & deliverables, and ensuring that all budgetary guidelines are met
- Detailed user group interaction to define requirements and develop solutions
- Develop/document equipment specifications and utility requirements
- Work closely with wider design team to ensure all business requirements are addressed
- Determine facility and equipment layouts
- Risk identification and resolution; opportunity & issues identification throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage or participate in project related installation/construction/commissioning activities at sites to ensure local site, national and European standards around Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Operations & Maintenance are met.
- Develop and manage project budgets as required
- Sourcing and management of suitable suppliers and contractors efficiently and cost effectively.
- All projects will be managed and controlled from inception through to completion utilizing the “KDM” methodology and tools standard.
- Participate in driving cross project knowledge on equipment/processes and responsible for best practice sharing and standardization across clusters and in region
- Demonstrate strong understanding of engineering principles and a clear identifiable work ethos within the manufacturing engineering team.
- Minimum Degree in Process / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, MSc would be desirable
- 3 to 5 years plus experience in a food manufacturing environment with experience in areas such as Fluid Handling/Wet Processing/Dry Mixing /Powder Handling and people/material flows
- Experience in project management
- Experience of the design and specification for facilities, equipment and processes
- Experience in food safety and hygienic design
- Knowledge of ISO Design & Drafting Standards within a design & manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of EC Directives relating to equipment and plant operations and safety
- Experience of main IT packages in use such as Word/Excel/MS Project/ACAD/SAP
- Resource with 3 to 5 years engineering experience in a project environment
- Experience in the execution food and beverage systems including commissioning
- Experience in root cause analysis, optimization and upgrading of food and beverage processing systems
- Team player
- Strong communication skills with presentation abilities
- Gathering complete user requirements
- Risk Management
- Detailed and analytical in approach
- Cost planning and control
- Manages own time to good effect
- Willingness to commit self to challenging objectives
- Good analytical and problem solving approach
- Ability to work autonomously
With 40 years’ experience and 24,000 staff on six continents, our client has a renewed focus on Taste & Nutrition where the science of taste merges with the science of nutrition. We combine our deep understanding of taste with our in-depth knowledge of people, culture, life stage and daily nutritional needs. By partnering with our client, customers are taken on a journey to make food, beverage and pharma products that people enjoy and feel better about.
The company is looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return they offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.