Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
Within the Botlek refinery, we produce yearly around 700.000 metric tons of high-quality edible oils for our food, feed, and tech customers. We operate 15 production lines, multiple loading stations and a sea and barge jetty to do so.
Your role as a Production Scheduler is to plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of goods and materials to meet our customer’s needs. In this role, you will participate in production planning and execution, identify and lead projects, work with customers and clients, be a business partner, and monitor systems and data management.
Key Accountabilities as Production Scheduler
- Create and publish daily production plans.
- Expedite workflow and coordinate changes in schedules.
- Develop gap coverage plans during inventory shortages.
- Provide necessary input to supply planner for assigned product or location.
- Maintain data relevant to production scheduling activities including planning calendars, material data and location data.
- Participate in setting master production planning, material requirements planning and production scheduling metrics targets.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
Qualifications as Production Scheduler
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Other minimum qualifications may apply.
- Three to five years of experience with at least one in master production planning, production scheduling or supply planning
- Experience with advanced planning tools like Infor AS, JDA, or others.
- Lean certification.
We provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salaries and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!