Production Manager Edible Oils
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
About the Plant
The tropical vegetable oil refinery in Rotterdam Botlek is a “Most Complex Plant” (throughput: +/- 700.000 ton per year) consisting of 5 refinery lines, 3 fractionation units, 6 hydrogenation units, a blending section, a tank storage facility (+/- 170 tanks), 4 truck loading stations, 1 truck unloading station, a jetty to load and discharge sea vessels, coasters and barges and the necessary utility- and infrastructure.
Job Purpose and Impact
The purpose of the position is the overall management and tactical operations for all production processes for the tropical vegetable oil refinery in Rotterdam Botlek. The production manager directly supports the Operations lead to ensure all areas of responsibilities meet business and plant standards for safety, compliance with laws and regulations, quality, operational effectiveness and reliability, on time in full delivery of our customers, continuous improvement and financial performance.
- Directly lead a team of 7 shift supervisors and indirectly 37 process operators
- Monitor overall manufacturing operational results such as yields, consumables, efficiencies and cost figures and takes appropriate action to stay on track with budgets and other agreed targets.
- Responsible for overseeing execution and delivery of short to medium term production commitments for the site.
- Ensure safety of the production facility by collaborating with internal and external resources to drive towards a zero harm culture for accident or illness within the manufacturing function.
- Ensure operational compliance with food safety, plant hygiene and quality are met.
- Provide leadership and mentor our team allowing development of strong leaders at all levels to ensure succession and capability for a more diverse workforce.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement together with timely root cause analysis of non standard conditions.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related technical field (e.g Mechanical engineering, Chemical Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Natural leader who can connect the workfloor dynamics with the management layers and lead people through the change management cycle.
- Team player, collaborative mindset.
- Integer, pragmatic, energetic and down to earth.
- Established skills in continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, permits, WABO, DCMR RWS.
- Knowledge of systems like HAZOP, BBS, GMP, RCM
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.