grapefruteglobe Nomad Foods / Findus
Job Title: R&D Product Development Manager MU (Market Unit)
The MU R&D Product Development Manager is a significant role in the organisation which requires experience in product & packaging development (including local regulatory requirements and standards), consumer understanding and technical project management to implement the agreed program.
The MU R&D Product Development Manager will work with all Group R&D teams (Fish, Vegs, Meals, Pack, Nutrition…), understand the overall R&D programs, support the implementation of Group projects and manage the local assets projects (innovation, renovation & productivity for local Must Win Battles or secondary priorities) where applicable.
The role requires the ability to “self-start”, formulate development plans and work independently as well as collaborate with Group R&D and external expert resources when required. Working within a local business team to deliver projects on time whilst championing R&D best practices is a key element of the role. This will be done by leading and managing the timely understanding and adoption across the business for the accurate, efficient and orderly information management of all Policy, Codes of Practice and Specifications Systems Processes in connection with regulatory, product & packaging development, food safety, nutritional and forever food programs.
1. To work with the MU Marketing Teams in delivering local led innovation projects and to manage the technical implementation of these projects.
2. To work with the MU Marketing teams in delivering the local activation programs, and to manage the technical implementation of these projects.
3. Represent the requirements of the MU through considered input to all category led charters for which the MU has an interest in launching the products. This will be achieved through timely collaboration with the R&D category teams.
4. To ensure that all category and local innovation and activation projects meet NFE requirement with regard to Superiority, Safety by Design, Quality By Design, Nutrition, Risk Assessment and Forever Food Programs.
5. To be responsible for the provision and implementation of accurate and legal mandatory data for artworks for the Marketing Unit through the provision of Local Con Specs and Artwork Approval Processes.
6. Maintain and develop knowledge of local regulations and trade requirements, collaborate with Group experts when needed.
7. Support the Consumer Services Teams through the timely provision of technical information.
8. Maintain a constant awareness of competitor activity, regularly review competitor products/ packaging & propose routes for maintaining competitiveness in the market.
Languages: English and French
Nomad Foods is a leading frozen foods company. With our anchor investment in Iglo Group completed in June 2015, we intend to continue supporting Iglo’s organic growth initiatives as well as pursue strategic acquisitions to build a portfolio of best-in-class food companies and brands within existing and new categories. Iglo is the ideal foundation to execute a build-up strategy across the packaged foods sector.
Our Ambition for Nomad Foods:
Build a world-class global consumer foods company
Invest in leading food companies with proven track records and strong management teams
Support organic growth and strengthen our market leadership in each of our geographies and categories
Our acquisition criteria:
Market leader in a niche market
Protective moats around the business
Experienced management teams
Strong free cash flow characteristics
Diversified customer and supplier base